cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest on FTTP?

donka
Grafter

Latest on FTTP?

Does anyone know of any plans for Plusnet to offer FTTP? More and more ISPs are offering it where I am now and I have been happy with Plusnet as an ISP and my fibre connection has been rock solid but a 500Mbps/75Mbps connection for not much more money is proving hard to resist.

If nothing is on the horizon then I will likely be switching.

345 REPLIES 345
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Latest on FTTP?

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to FTTP Trial.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@donka 

See https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-To-The-Premises-trial/Ultrafast-Openreach-FTTP/td-p/1764785

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

donka
Grafter

I’m confused. Are you saying there is an update due this coming Wednesday? Are Plusnet likely to offer a FTTP product anytime soon?

donka
Grafter

Sorry, completely misread that other reply. Thanks, nothing on the horizon from Plusnet it seems. Off to Talktalk I go. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@donka 

I fear that many more will be forced to move on before we get any announcement from Plusnet apart from being told that there is currently nothing to announce.

With the current almost non existent customer services one has to question what future there is for Plusnet period.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dgp
Rising Star

EE are now offering FTTP given they are also owned by BT surely it can’t be much longer before Plusnet offer the sane

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

With the current rather fragile state of PN back office and billing systems it could be a while yet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dgp
Rising Star

My current contract expires in six months. Hopefully, they’ll have something to offer by then. It’ll be a shame as I’ve been with them since the beginning.
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Thinkbroadband have now tracked over 3 million premises which can access the Openreach FTTP network.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8836-thinkbroadband-tracking-of-openreach-fttp-roll-out-hits-3-m...

TalkTalk have started offering FTTP via Openreach in some areas:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/07/isp-talktalk-uk-soft-launch-openreach-fttp-broadband-p...

£39.95 for the 500Mbps download!

donka
Grafter

I have the TT 500Mbps package being installed this coming Tuesday. 

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Do post back after FTTP is installed with your experience with Talk Talk FTTP.

To my suprise my house is now panned on Openreach's commercial FTTP roll out.

We did not get FTTC until BDUK funded it!

I hope BT consumer allow PN to compete with TT with some FTTP packages.

donka
Grafter

Will do. To be fair, TT so far have been fine.

Only potential snag is on the Openreach side as they came out for the site survey and mentioned a blockage in the underground trunking that they need to clear. Hopefully that doesn't impede the engineer when they come on Tuesday to connect up. I don't envisage any issues as the house is only 6 years old.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@donka 

It depends on how bad the blockage is. When the network was installed for my house I watched as the engineers checked 5 ducts. Four were clear but the fifth had a blockage. They were able to clear it themselves by trying from the other end.

However, if it can't be cleared by the engineer then a ground works team needs to be booked who'll dig up the road to clear things. This would impact installation.

Try contacting TT to see if they have any notes from OR on your install.

Brian

donka
Grafter

Yup, spoke to TT yesterday who informed me there is a delay on the Openreach side as they need another team to evaluate what is required to clean the blockage. Supposed to be getting an update tomorrow if they aren’t out today. A small pain but I have FTTC just now so not like I’m without. 
I’ll update when I know what’s happening.