cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving turned off?

mikeharry
Hooked

Interleaving turned off?

I've just moved to FTTP and then upgraded after a few days to the 1000 product yesterday.

Today I've had an email from Plusnet saying that "We have asked our wholesale broadband suppliers to turn interleaving off at your request".

I never made such a request, but in any case thought that interleaving only applied to ADSL/VDSL products? Am I wrong?

A couple of points occur to me:-

• If I'm right about interleaving not applying to full fibre products then why the email?
  • If I'm wrong and interleaving does apply to full fibre, then why is it being switched off without my asking?

Any ideas anyone????

3 REPLIES 3
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Interleaving turned off?

@mikeharry  It's total nonsense from Plusnet there is no such thing on FTTP, the email must have been sent in error, it's probably Plusnet's system throwing out a random email because of your upgrade that bears no relation to reality. 

mikeharry
Hooked

In addition. the email says that I can turn it back on again via the Broadband Troubleshooter. Can't do that as the troubleshooter asks me to confirm my contact detaiks, then when I press continue it says I must insert my daytime and evening telephone numbers, but provides no box for them so it's impossible!

In any case having gone full fibre I no longer have a landline anyway 😂

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry for the confusion. Seems to have been our systems way of saying that the regrade order had completed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet