cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Fibre drop out while on holiday

nevgeorge
Dabbler

Full Fibre drop out while on holiday

When we got back today we found the FF off and lights non the BT thingy with a red light on POS and the light next to it off.

This must have happened two days ago because I haven't been able to contact my Ring doorbell for that time or my CCTV cameras. the router shut itself down which was helpful.

Anyone any ideas? Because I have tried resetting and all other manor of reboots but nothing just dead. I take if there is no ticket raising, because I like to have it in writing, anymore.
IMG_20230714_162306_HDR.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: Full Fibre drop out while on holiday

@nevgeorge The red LOS light means 'Loss Of Service'. You need to get PN to ask Openreach to investigate.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try reporting the fault using Quickest way - troubleshoot by text 

which does leave some written visibility in the ticket system, and it is quicker than waiting for an answer if you tried to phone support - especially this close to the weekend !.

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Hi @nevgeorge I've run a test and I've found a major service outage in your area which is causing the issue with your internet. The Suppliers have advised this should be resolved by today.

If there is still no connection by Monday pop us a message and we can investigate this further, the Suppliers aren't open on Sundays, this is why I've said Monday.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
nevgeorge
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply ClaudiaG23, we still have a red light and no internet, this now day 5 since it being down, I'm on a 4g travel MiFi just so I can get doorbell and security cameras going and get email.

So if this can be investigated further I'd be grateful
Thank you in advance
Nev

Eggs
Rising Star

Have you checked the external wiring to your home?

Is there any sign of damage which may have occurred whilst you were away?

jab1
Legend

@Eggs See post #4 - it explains the problem.

John
nevgeorge
Dabbler

Yes done all that inside and out. Last coms with PN was that there is an outage in Chester and should be fixed by tomorrow night, so 6 days without, using MiFi for time being, not ideal but useable.

nevgeorge
Dabbler

Day 7 without Full Fibre, the LOS Red light on the ONT has gone out and now the PON is Green is going on and off, Hub 2 is Orange.

Tried it with new cables, another Router TP 1500, reboot all several times. Managed to get into both Router managers to try and connect from there....Nothing!

Still have 40Gb on my TP M7000 MiFi but not Ideal, doesn't do streaming particularly well and no good on the TV. If we had 5g in Chester I would consider ditching FF with Plusnet but we haven't so lumbered with it now, just don't like being charged for access, not actually PlusNet's fault more to do with BT.

Bit fed up with it all now, if I have another week of this I want it terminating, not good enough.

jab1
Legend

TBH, it sounds like progress is being made. Flasing green is the ONT attempting to connect.

John
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Hi @nevgeorge I'm sorry your internet is still down! I've run the test again and there is still an outage in your area. The Suppliers have updated the estimated completion date to 20th July at 7.30pm. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
nevgeorge
Dabbler

It was supposed to be fixed at 18:30 last night now they have pushed it out to tomorrow at a convenient 19: 30  pm so if it doesn't come on again no one to contact at that time of night.

I don't have internet or TV which I rely on being stuck in my house since becoming incapacitated 3 years ago. Not acceptable is it really? I will be seeking compensation.

jab1
Legend

@nevgeorge No, it is not good, but technology has a habit of falling over at times, it can take time to resolve. You will receive compensation, like all the others affected, in line with the OFCOM compensation scheme.

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@nevgeorge   have you got a fault ticket open?

Any automatic compensation will be calculated from the details of that ticket.

nevgeorge
Dabbler

Yess there's one open when I log onto my account.👍