cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre to the Premises - FTTP Trial

tangfastics

Re: Fibre to the Premises - FTTP Trial

Hey i just put the in a ticket to join FTTP, as it just gone online in my area. Just a quick question as to how long it normal takes to arrange the install etc...
Cheers Tangfastics
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@SuperZoom
Just a quick update on Chris' behalf to let you know that neither BT nor AA have identified any other similar issues at your local exchange.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SuperZoom
Grafter

Just spotted this! (No email alert from the forum software, as there often isn't for some reason.)
Thanks for the update, Adam.
Oh well, the mystery remains then.
Time will tell, I suppose.
I'd be very interested to know exactly what BT Retail said, so by all means do post the details of their monitoring in my ticket - rather than here - if that would be appropriate.
Generally speaking things are better than they were - and that's purely down to whatever fiddling BT Wholesale has done somewhere, because nothing's changed in my setup. So maybe it will improve even further. There's certainly room for it to do so.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 6

Quote from: PeterPan
As am FTTP Trialist, I am currently enjoying FTTP for the price of an (old) ADSL product (although that just went up by £1.50 to £12.99).  So, it is not too unreasonable to ask that I be allowed to retain my Trial FTTP connection and speeds, at the price of the current, Unlimited ADSL product (£9.99, after a discount of £3, for moving my line rental to PN also).  After all, this is what the email invited me to do.

Hi Peter,
If we've sent you an email with that then yes we would of course honour it, if the link on the email to make the change doesn't work then let me know and I'll process the change manually (it may fail because of the FTTP trial settings on your account as we've not built the automation around FTTP yet). The normal price for new FTTP customers is the same as FTTC would be which complicates matters a little.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: SuperZoom
I'd be very interested to know exactly what BT Retail said, so by all means do post the details of their monitoring in my ticket - rather than here - if that would be appropriate.

They had no other users with the exact same problem on your exchange on FTTP but have seen similar issues on certain BRASs and have seen the problem go away when the users have been moved across to the new BRASs that are being deployed. The thinking is there's a bug somewhere but because most of the users they saw were moved BRAS during the initial investigation it's been hard to prove exactly what. I've got another call with the guys that were looking tomorrow and I'll ask for a bit more detail.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
SuperZoom
Grafter

Ah, I see. That's really very interesting...
I did add a note to my ticket some time ago, I think, that it might be worth looking at the bRAS. It's in a different exchange, and I believe that site is pretty overcrowded (although that may not be particularly relevant if it is purely a bRAS bug).
Of course, I connect to the same bRAS on both ONT Port 1 & 2. The main purpose of the extra connection?
Do you happen to know whether it was the same bRAS on ADSL? That wasn't too impressive either, compared to LLU. (Although I think for some reason the provision may have started out on 20CN before moving to 21CN, before switching to FTTP, so that may complicate the records, if any exist.)
Happy to move bRAS if it improves things, of course!    Smiley
PeterPan
Grafter

(Re. #588)
Hi Dave,
Thanks for confirming that PN will honour the terms of their email offer to me.
I have followed the links from the email and the system says that it has acepted my order (at the price that I expected  :))
Just have to wait and see what happens when the actual switch of services takes place (10 working days for the phone and 9 Jan 2014 for the Broadband)   
Keep up the good work.
Regards,
Peter
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: SuperZoom

Do you happen to know whether it was the same bRAS on ADSL? That wasn't too impressive either, compared to LLU. (Although I think for some reason the provision may have started out on 20CN before moving to 21CN, before switching to FTTP, so that may complicate the records, if any exist.)
Happy to move bRAS if it improves things, of course!    Smiley

20CN would be a different BRAS, 21CN ADSL2+ could be the same as FTTP or could be different. Often one exchange is mapped to one BRAS but you have different SVLANs for ADSL and fibre and they could go to different BRASs and you can have multiple SVLANs for each technology. I'll see if I can do some digging, we've now got another FTTP user on your exchange and an FTTC user by the looks of it so can see if they've reported any issues.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
SuperZoom
Grafter

Going from 21CN to FTTP, I bet it was the same bRAS... Are these new ones you referred to the MSE things? And are they coming my way?! Sounds like there could be opportunities to build a better picture anyway. Thanks for sticking with it, Dave. Could be interesting one way or another.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

BTW have 2 types of BRAS on WBC. They have Redbacks that are located at the 20 main WBC PoPs around the UK, these are the original BRASs. With usage and customer numbers growing and because of changes within the way they are designing the network they're installing new BRASs (the Alcatel MSEs) in locations nearer to the end user. At the moment your connection is on a Redback. At some point you may get moved over to an MSE but your exchange isn't on the published list at the moment.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@SuperZoom
re reply #587
I'd be very interested to know exactly what BT Retail said, so by all means do post the details of their monitoring in my ticket - rather than here - if that would be appropriate

I'll check with Chris to see if this is something he has or can point me to where to find it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TORPC
Grafter

Are new areas being looked into, as I would be interested if at the right price Smiley
jamiemahoney
Dabbler

Hi Dave
I've been on the FTTP trial in Monkston (MK) now since 2010. Just recently we've been getting additional charges for using over the alocated 60GB data allowance. I thought I should nip this in the bud by altering the plan to an 'unlimited' variant. I was not able to alter this online through the PN website ( I guess this tral is still in progress and not yet a standard tarrif) and upon speaking to a customer services representative (after 4 days of trying and with call holding queue times in excess of 60 minutes) the advisor didn't seem to be overly familiar with a the FTTP set up we have and quoted me for ADSL tarrif even after I initially explained our FTTP setup which didn't fill me with confidence to go with a new tarrif change.
Now I understand that to get additional service or Gigabytes in this case that an additional charge should be expected and I will be happy to pay this but when I found I would then have to sign up to an additional 18 month contract for the privelidge, this seemed a bit rich considering I've been with PN for a few years now anyway! As the advisor explained that I would expect to do this with any other form of service such as a mobile telephone...I would argue that with a new mobile phone contract you are signing up for a minimum time to offset the cost of the supplied hardware such as a free or subsidised handset. As far as i Can see I would not be getting any additional hardware, just an upgraded service which I would be paying extra for anyway?
Now, I like Plus Net and the broadband speed, service and reliability are great.But.. The fact that I have now had 3 x £5 charges which I was anable to do anything about due to the lack Plusnet websites lack of compatability (to online product change) with my broadband product , not being able to talk to anyone due to the call centre queue times and then lack of knowledge of the customer service agent.
I'm at a bit of an impasss...Could you please advise if there are any other options open to me please?

Kind regards
Jamie Mahoney
teddman
Grafter

Hello, i am on your FFTC product in my current property but i am moving next month and i checked the line at the new property and i was getting conflicted results on whether Fiber was available. After coming on here and checking with a other forum members they told me to put my new details into the bt line checker which told me that FFTP is available at this new place despite when i check on the plusnet site, saying that only ADSL is available. Iv been told that it will be available as a trial? As i would rather keep my fiber product and move is it possible to get in on this trial?
Thanks
Mike
hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Jamie
Dave's reply <a href="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,83633.msg1045381.html#msg1045381">Reply #578</a> on page 37 of this post explains what you need to do.
Cheers
Howard