cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP

MMG
Dabbler

FTTP

It looks like we are getting FTTP soon, does Plusnet support FTTP?
6 REPLIES 6
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: FTTP

No,

They did run a trial for several years, but was closed to new sign ups some time ago and never developed into a commercial product, so you'll need to look elsewhere.

Currently thats BT and Zen, but both Sky and TalkTalk are close to offering FTTP packages

MMG
Dabbler

I thought as much, I didnt think we would get it so soon when I signed up with Plusnet in January 🙁
Dodger21
Grafter

It will depend on your area how long it takes to put FTTP in. The install in my area Neston started in March this year and at present they are still installing new polls replacing old ones clearing blockages installing new ducts etc.

So depending on when yours started and the size of the exchange area, it may take over a year to complete.

If you are interested enough to see how much work needs do you can check it out by using this site.

https://one.network/

You will need to zoom in before the icons change to a telephone, if you click on it, it will say what work is going on.

TheJayBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

For the last 2 days, Openreach have been laying fibre in the ducts in our street.  There are signs saying fibre coming soon. 

deekayw
Grafter

As FTTP is moving very quickly wouldn't it be beneficial for PlusNet to make an up to date statement on their future thoughts on FTTP?

This is even more important now that OpenReach no longer have to put in new underground cabling/ducting, with them now having overhead fibre cabling.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to FTTP Trial.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine