Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP suddenly stopped

FIXED
simonporter007
Hooked

FTTP suddenly stopped

Writing from phone, so apologies in advance!
Originally was part of the FTTP trial many many moons ago, and have been happily working away since being connected.

This morning, something tripped the fuse box which shut off the router and modem, and since bringing everything back online, fibre will no longer connect. I thought this may be a hardware issue, what with the sudden outage and all, but after resetting the router, everything else about it is working (I can access the GUI and configure it still). Then I saw a few folks recently have trouble with their previously working FTTP connection, and wonder if the powercut and reconnection might have forced me to use newer (broken?) config, as I probably haven't had to restart the router in weeks/months.

Would it be possible to check my account to see if there's anything obvious from the connection attempts this morning? It died at around 8:00.

Supposed to be working from home 😅

Cheers,
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

Re: FTTP suddenly stopped

Hi there Simon, 

Line tests are showing there's a possible "stale session" on the line so I've submitted a "session kill" which should hopefully clear that down and allow the router to reconnect OK. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

Re: FTTP suddenly stopped

Fix

Hey Simon,

Just to follow up from the support ticket 227921072, I've been talking with our suppliers and they've fixed the the incorrect configuration. Looks like your router is springing to life already, can you get online? 

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet