Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Final Leg - What technology?

PeteW1
Hooked

FTTP Final Leg - What technology?

Hi,

I'm assuming Plusnet use BT Openreachs FTTP product.

How is it actually delivered to the home? Currently, fibre is to the cabinet. Cable to Telegraph pole. Then cable to my house.

Will I get Fibre to the Premise? Just not clear how the final leg is delivered given there is no fibre going to my home. Do they replace the current copper cable with fibre from the telegraph pole?

4 REPLIES 4
cameldazzler
Grafter

Re: FTTP Final Leg - What technology?

as its described fibre to the premises means they put a new fibre optic into your home. the copper becomes redundant. 

Cheers

Daz

PeteW1
Hooked

Thanks Daz. That all seems very reasonable given the name. I'm trying to ascertain if they start digging up gardens/streets. But I think the obvious option is to run the fibre from the (relatively) close telegraph pole where the copper is now.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@PeteW1 

First thing to do is to check if FTTP is available for your house. You're looking for WBC FTTP in the left hand column of the following.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If it's shown there will be a narrative about FTTP below the results window.

FTTP requires an entirely new (fibre) cable being laid to you house. If you have an overhead connection it will replace your current copper line.

Brian

cameldazzler
Grafter

th routing and method will be something they decide on the day as far as i know.