Did you mean: 

New build with FTTP

FIXED
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: New build with FTTP

That port's for FVA (Fibre Voice Access) which we don't offer. You'd need to consider a VoIP service from somewhere.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Excellent result after a frustrating start. Smiley

The phone port on the ONT is for a BT product call Fibre Voice Access (FVA) which I believe is not supplied by PlusNet so that can't be used. It is actually a VOIP phone service which is what you need for a phone service over the FTTP connection. There are many VOIP providers that you can use. I use Sipgate Basic and a Gigaset Voip base station and handsets which work well.

I expect other forum members may suggest other providers and hardware that could do the job.Wink

ronc45
Hooked

Can a Plusnet person advise what my options are regarding phone line in a FTTP only new build.  I have now joined Plusnet on 18 month contract and have paid 12 month advanced line rental on existing house and will move August / September.  I know I can go to VOIP but is that the only option and do I have to continue paying line rental until end of contract my service with Plusnet goes live 9th May so if there is a better option please let me know. 

Screen shot below shows results for one of the other houses on build that has now been occupied

Thanks for your advice

Ron

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

@tangocharlie I'm glad to hear your FTTP connection is up and running. Unfortunately as Bob's indicated we don't offer phone over fibre (VoIP) so you may need to look into a VoIP provider.

@ronc45 Once your FTTP connection is provisioned, you can request us to cease your phone line, though the line rental saver you've paid would be non-refundable and a fibre only surcharge of £2.50 per month applies.

So I'd recommend allowing your line rental saver to run out, so you'll be just paying the fibre (with phone) package.

Once the line rental saver expires, if you contact us over here we'll be happy to cancel your phone service. Though there may be an early termination fee of £8.54 per month for the final 6 months of the contract minimum term.

When you know your move date and your new address, I'd recommend letting us know over here too or raise a ticket to trials.plus.net as it will be seen be a dedicated FTTP team who will be able to arrange the house move for you.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
edwh
Rising Star

FVA is VoIP but runs with a higher priority than VoIP over GEA-FTTP.

https://www.btplc.com/SINet/sins/pdf/506v1p5.pdf

You can have a different provider for each port on your ONT (so six on a 4+2 device). If you wanted a traditional-style voice landline you could look at any provider offering a service over FVA such as A&A, Zen or even BT retail. BT may well be the cheapest as they seem to average price their products no matter how they’re delivered (metallic or optic) whereas the smaller providers tend to price reflecting their purchasing costs, generally higher for optical delivery.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@edwh

The newer style OpenReach ONT is a one plus one combination.

https://www.ournetwork.openreach.co.uk/news/new-equipment-for-installing-ultrafast-broadband-in-newl...

Brian