Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacity issues - continued

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: capacity issues - continued

Mine is You are currently connected to gateway ptn-bng01. This gateway are one of the best one (but it won't last long until PN kick me out of this gateway is rather annoyed)
This is located in Telehouse North.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Not all CityLifeLine endpoints and Gateways are bad, you've just been unlucky with most of those that you've been on and that has coloured your view somewhat. Try a hop to see if you can get something better.

Agreed... I was on a City Lifeline for the last few days up until this afternoon when even though I had full speeds on both single and multi thread my apple updates where running at 500-600kbps... a hop fixed that but now this!
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: goldenfibre
Mine is You are currently connected to gateway ptn-bng01. This gateway are one of the best one (but it won't last long until PN kick me out of this gateway is rather annoyed)

Yeah, Telehouse North is a good one for me, also gives me the lowest baseline ping to BQM's and Google... BBC ect..but in recent weeks every time I've hopped and got it, I've been kicked off it again within 12 hours...
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

What the main reason for PN to kicked your gateway off? I don't understand why they doing this!
mlmclaren
Grafter

You know as much as I do Smiley
I would say it was them doing maintenance or levelling the playing field but twice in 12 hours one day... seems fishy to me... but I'm sure that one it would be impossoble for anyone to deliberately kick me from a certain gateway and I don't think I'm that special that someone would pay that much attention to me....  Grin
It hasn't always been this way though... Huh
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

All the hop to different gateway are just plan stupid! All gateway should be on load balance! PN gateway are right a mess!

We all know that, really there's little point in mentioning it. As we know some people , including yourself are seeing periodic slowdowns and currently a hop can help solve it. Endof really.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Well, I made it through... speed has returned to normal again

Crazy.... from shit to perfect in a matter if minutes!
Still got the shit browsing speeds, but meh... thats been the same since joining... least facebooks working at the moment... I hope!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yep, I'm not getting very clever browsing speeds from time to time, I need to investigate a bit more, but some of it seems related to content delivered by akamai and similar servers.
mlmclaren
Grafter

I think its something to do with the traffic management (QOS type system) Plusnet have got between certain links on their network...
I think there might be some issues on a link at Faraday on BT's network too but thats only packet loss (I've noticed so far)  and is currently showing on my BQM's setup with mouselike, I found it to be faraday related when I added my neighbours BT connection it showed issues at the same time, speed don't seem to be affected though (neighbour hasn't complained)
ThinkBroadband graphs don't show the packet loss on either connection though either, but I have another 3 connections being monitored on mouselike account and they aren't showing the same issues!
I did a brief bit of browsing and a tracert today when having the issues with Apple's CDN... and found that Plusnet's link with Apples CDN is via BT and seems to go across to BT's core then to BT's Europe network and then disappears behind lots of similar IP's
mlmclaren
Grafter

Turn's out tonights issue was far worse than I thought.... I've just checked my BQM's!

Ouch... I never get this!  Huh

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

That's pretty bad! I wish I can see TTB BQM live but I seem can't find it!
Updated I found it. Pulse8 BQM - my god that's very bad! see below!
mlmclaren
Grafter

Is that your BQM?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

No, it was someone from thinkbroadband who are with pulse8. (professor973)
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

My latest BMQ
deathtrap
Grafter

That's pretty bad! I wish I can see TTB BQM
Updated I found it. Pulse8 BQM - my god that's very bad! see below!
It's nearly on a par with Virgin cable,lol It's a jitter fest  you couldn't do any serious online gaming on that connection in particular when the host server is located in europe and usa