Tomorrow is FIBRE DAY

Woe betide the OR engineer who misses your appointment!! Shocked
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Yeahh, comon' baby !

Three Shredded Wheat for breakfast then Cool
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

And if the worst comes to the worst and you are stuck with an ECI modem, you can pick up a Huwaei modem from Ebay for about 7 or 8 pounds (excl delivery).
That is what I have done and I will report back once I have it.
supernova1
Grafter

OR engineer called 8:30am and was at the door 10mins later.....looking good.
Cup of tea offered as he walks in the door  Cool
He asks if I have been sent the modem !!!! "I've only got the PN router I said".....not looking good.
I ask, has he got the data extension kit.... err no don't know about that ...OMG looking worse.
No problem he says "might have a modem in the van and have cat5 cable and the necessary boxes...looking better.
I notice it's a HCI modem box hes found in the van  Roll_eyes , but let him start the install and serve fresh brewed tea made to his exact specification.
He moved the master socket to the desired location and also changed the very old GPO in line joint box and neatly clipped the cable...looking much better.
I ask to look at the modem - arrgh, it's a HCI inside too.....errr excuse me Mr OR, do you have any Hauwai modems?
Narr don't have any of those in the van, dont think we have any  back at base either  Cry
I explain the issue with G.imp and HCI - (he's not a broadband eng so hasn't much of a clue), but sends a test message to the stores and also to another OR engineer in the area.
He trots off to swap the pairs in the D side cab - takes ages to come back, but when he does, he has a Hauwai modem box under his arm .... TOP man  Cheesy
All the plugs are pluggie plugged in and the photons flow - YEAHH BABY
So, top job by the OR eng, very polite, did a clean and tidy install, and went the extra mile to get me the modem I wanted. 10/10.
ATB
SN

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Excellent, thanks for posting the good news back.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team