Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yeahh, comon' baby !

supernova1
Grafter

Re: Yeahh, comon' baby !

Monthly update:-
From the first sign of work starting on the 18th November 2014
3 months on  and all local work has been completed.
Availability checkers say June so hopefully a maximum of 4 months wait.......
Further update in a months time  Roll_eyes
ATB
SN
XVF
Dabbler

Cool
Your excitement is almost tangible. It's making me ever so slightly less depressed than I was half an hour ago.
Can't wait for the next monthly update... it was such a relief when we got fibre. I remember the anticipation very well. Years and years and years of sparrow farts causing dropped ADSL connections on the three miles of damp string we used to have to deal with.
Best of luck. Hope it's sooner rather than later.
orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

haha it's spooky that I'm in the same boat including going out at night to see/listen if the new cabinet is live  Cheesy
In my village the date is stated as 31Dec-31Mar as going live, the cabinets (3) have all been installed a couple months ago, a big truck with a massive drum was running cables around the same time so now just waiting....
supernova1
Grafter

Lucky Friday 13th  Cheesy Cheesy
Fibre vans, everywhere, manhole covers like leaves in autumn AND reels for fibre.
Oh Yeah! comon' baby !  Grin
ATB
SN
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Hi all,
Long time no see!
We're in a similar position to the OP. Lots of digging going on and a new FTTC cabinet has been spotted today. We're about 750m away from it so hopefully we'll get a decent uplift from the ~6Mbps we get today.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Fibre vans, everywhere, manhole covers like leaves in autumn AND reels for fibre.

You're within weeks of fibre heaven.  Smiley
supernova1
Grafter

Time for my official monthly update:-
tijara, I think you could be right, maybe even sooner.
I just ambushed the huawei engineer commissioning the cabinet, nice chap.
He said that the fiber is live and the cab is ready, should be accepting orders next week. Cheesy
ATB
SN
Stubbo

Quote from: AndyH
I couldn't find a better date for you - but Cabinets 1 & 2 are scheduled to come first in Cropredy (with 3, 4 and 5 part of the next BDUK Oxfordshire schedule)

Where do you find this info from?
I'm also on the Cropredy exchange, but on cab 4 in litttle Bourton. No evidence of new cabinets being fitted yet.
Just move from the town and dropped from 60 down to 3 Mbps
supernova1
Grafter

Whoooo hooo I've just checked the availability and my cabinet is accepting orders  Cheesy
so from the 18th November 2014  to 23rd March 2015 from start to finish, just the last step now to place the order for 80mps of photonated delight.
Stubbo,
You can check here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
and also here http://www.betterbroadbandoxfordshire.org.uk/coverage-map
Great Bourton have had their cabinet installed at the same time as mine (sheduled complete end of June but luckly work has been completed a bit early) and Little B scheduled end of 2015 but I hope you get it sooner.
ATB
SN
supernova1
Grafter

Ordered the fibre install today, which is scheduled in 1 1/2 weeks  Cheesy
Soooo close now, I can almost taste those photons  Grin
Being fairly close to the cab, the speed estimates are good.
ATB
SN
Stubbo

Thanks for the links, hopefully little b won't be too long.
They was running fibre earlier this week down a manhole at the Southam roads bus stop, still no sign of a new cabinet
ericgripp
Grafter

if its an Huawei cab do NOT let the engineer installa ECI openreach modem. Avoid ECI modems at all cost !!!
Alucidnation
Rising Star

Why?
ericgripp
Grafter

ECI modems are losing a big chunk of sync on HUAWEI cabs due to a firmware/software issue at cab/modem level with new updates being pushed out by BT to introduce G.INP and vectoring later this year..
Theres a huge thread here but also over at kitz, thinkbroadband and even BTs own forums. I don't want to derail things here, as I say its being discussed everywhere, but encourage you to do the leg work and look. Had I known this was to occur 2 years later (been on fftc a long time now) I wouldn't have let the kellys engineer install an ECI modem.
But I know once your fibre does go live you will see a world of difference  Cool
supernova1
Grafter

Tomorrow is FIBRE DAY  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Thanks for the tip eric, I'll check what modem is installed and spit dummy out if its a HCI as I'm in a HUAWEI cab,
ATB
SN