cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does it take so long to get broadband in?

lawrenceghead

Why does it take so long to get broadband in?

Not even got my broadband in yet and I’m regretting going for plusnet. Phone line didn’t get activated until I phoned up and asked when it was going live. Same has happened with broadband. And to top it off I have to pay for a phone line for two weeks that is there for the sole reason of having broadband on it, when I don’t have any broadband 🙄

I appreciate that some things are out of their control (waiting for old line to cease and engineer for cabinet) but I shouldn’t have to phone up at each stage to prompt plusnet to do things and it definitely shouldn’t take 33 days to get a broadband line activated.

Please tell me the service gets better?
6 REPLIES 6
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Why does it take so long to get broadband in?

Hi @lawrenceghead,

Apologies to hear about the problems you have been experiencing with the set up of your line and broadband.

As with all new line installations the phone line is set up first as this is what your broadband runs down. Once the phone line is set up, we then place an order for the broadband.

I have linked you the ticket with further information in regards to your situation https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=181170737

Kind regards,

Maddy

lawrenceghead

I appreciate there are delays which cannot be avoided (waiting for old line to cease, engineer visit to cab etc), but my issue is that the phone order was only placed when I phoned up to ask how long it'd be til it was activated.  Then the broadband order was placed when I phoned up to chase it, not when the line had been activated.  I could understand it if things happened next day, but for it only to happen four days later when the customer chases it up, twice(!), is rubbish.  How long would it have taken if I'd not phoned up?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @lawrenceghead,

I understand you concerns however in this situation the orders would have gone through within 10 working days of the phone line going live. This is within timescales.

Please let us know if you need anything else, we are more than happy to help!

lawrenceghead

I was under the impression that broadband should be activated on the line within 7-10 days, not that the order would be placed within 10 days and then there would be another 10 days on top of that for it to be activated?

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @lawrenceghead

Thanks for your reply.

I do see your point with the installation dates. The usual process if the line is stopped is to restart this which can take from 24 - 72 hours depending on the line type. Once this is all visible we place the broadband order. The details of what technology the line can support may take 24 hours to update in itself which causes once again a small delay.

The original order was placed automatically and the pending cease rejected this order. Human intervention could have potentially changed the order type to ensure that both the phone line and fibre broadband activated on the same day 10 working days later. I am very sorry that we did not intervene and make these changes for you.

I have however sent you a ticket with your activation date details on as these are account specific. You can follow this link below to view this

I hope this makes sense and as I said, I do apologise for the delays that you have had.

lawrenceghead

Ok, that makes sense.  It's just frustrating when every step is another 10 day wait!

Yep got that, thanks.

Thanks @Warwick and @Mads for your responses.