cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone line active, but no router after 5 days

sdcampbell2016

Telephone line active, but no router after 5 days

Hi
Just changed to Plusnet and not having a good experience, phone line active on Monday 14, but took till Thursday to active my broadband and still no router, so the second part is open to debate.
The chat function is never open, on wednesday waited 24 minutes until I spoke to a very helpful young lady, unfortunately the rest of the organisation seems mismanaged and disjointed.
(In a rental property, went with sky, router arrived before activation date and both active on same day) wanted a good speed  and Fibre and was recommended plusnet by a colleague, now starting to regret the decision.
Has it been sent out and by who? (please not parcel farce or royal dismail, who are the worst - hence the nicknames)
Also does the Fibre use a different microfilter? or can I keep my original as linked to a netgear router\modem, or do I have to have a fibre router and different microfilter?
Can anyone help?
6 REPLIES 6
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Telephone line active, but no router after 5 days

Hi,
All routers are sent by Royal Mail first class post, personally 3 of my own arrived next day(including one last week) but we all know things vary depending on the post unfortunately.
The filters are all the same but you will need either an Openreach modem and a Fibre router or a VDSL modem/router combo such as the Hub One that should be on it's way for you, I'm out of the office until Monday but I'll check things when I get in and send you an email
In regards to chat, personally I've found it seems to give me the option to get onto it on my phone but not on a PC, I've passed this back internally though to see if there's some issue that needs to be looked into, might be worth trying from your phone if possible.
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

My router was dispatched yesterday and it arrived this morning by my regular post lady.
Good considering the time of year.
saintly1
Dabbler

Hi  Mal08.
Did you get notification it had been dispatched?
i am getting upgraded to plusnet fibre on 24th dec.  Been ordered for a few weeks now, but still no sign of a new fibre router turning up.
Will they still be able to hook my fibre up with out it, and will that mean i loose my plusnet adsl connection?  dont want to be without broadband all over xmas.
Mal08
Rising Star

Hi Saintly,
Yes I got an email like this:
"Account username: xxxx
We're pleased to confirm that your hardware is on its way.
Order details
=============
Your order was dispatched on 17th December 2015 and it includes the following items:
................................................"

I had to PM one of the senior PN staff members - who posts here quite frequently.
I would advise you to keep chasing them until you get a satisfactory answer.
good luck I hope you get it ok and upgrade gives you fibre for Christmas
saintly1
Dabbler

Hi  Mal08.
Thank you for super fast reply.
Been waiting 3yrs for cabinet to go live, so as soon as i saw it was i ordered upgrade, i do appreciate its a mega busy time of year for postie and not ideal time at xmas to start changing things.
but couldnt restrain myself to wait until new yr  Smiley
I will start chasing if nothing arrives today.
im in all day, except for 11:00 12:00  you just know postie will call then.
Mal08
Rising Star

Quote from: saintly1
im in all day, except for 11:00 12:00   you just know postie will call then.

Yes - they must hide around the corner.