Switched to Plusnet 3 Weeks ago, Speed and Latency still slow

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Re: Switched to Plusnet 3 Weeks ago, Speed and Latency still slow

Hi @Jimbowe

Thanks for getting back in touch. Following your questions above:

Firstly,  it doesn't appear you were changed to a new port. Unfortunately a GEA test doesn't show what port you are on but It seems like this was not changed.

Its very unlikely the line will retrain 20Mbps and based on what you say, its likely the engineer performed a DLM reset to try to uncap the line.  This likely explains why your ping has improved too.

Unfortunately we are likely going to need a further engineer visit to perform the lift and shift to a new port which will hopefully get your line back up to estimates.

To ensure this is done, I have raised an escalation with our suppliers to formally request the work is done on the next visit. At present we are awaiting a response from the escalation team, when they come back to us we can progress the booking.  It generally takes around 24 hours for a response.

I have responded on your open ticket with testing, notes from the engineer, information regarding the escalation I have raised and a request with availability from you. If you could reply HERE to the ticket with some times when you would be free for the visit, we can book the appointment at the earliest available slot.

Again, letting us know when you have responded here on the forums too so we can pick up your request.

I would also like to apologise for any and all inconvenience this may have caused.

Jimbowe
Dabbler

Hi Matt,

Just replied on the account page with availability. I didn't realise the Engineers notes appeared on that section also, as I posted the earlier comments without seeing them. I must say, even though I am having speed issues, the Experience so far seems very slick, i.e., progress being made, and made quickly, Kudos to all involved !! Smiley

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again @Jimbowe,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've made the booking for Monday 3rd June 1-6pm. I've also got it confirmed from the escalation team to send a multi skilled engineer and to ensure the lift and shift is done this time.

I've taken personal ownership of this for you, feel free to reply to the ticket if you need anything further and your response will come back directly to me.

I'm out of the office on Monday but I'm back on Tuesday and I'll review the visit and get back in touch then if it is alright by you?

Jimbowe
Dabbler

Hi Matt,
I have just updated the fault post in my account with some comments following the stealth visit by the engineer, i wont relay them again here as i am sure you can access them.
Not sure exactly what happened on this visit, but will let you look into it, and if poss, give me an update , thanks.
Jimbowe
Dabbler

Hi Matt
I may have been a bit premature with my comments last night as the engineer is back this morning, fingers crossed, i will report back later.
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Jimbowe,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was just looking into the progress of your fault and your response from early this morning when I noticed you had replied further.

As you're likely aware the work needed exceeded the time left available for the engineer so he retained the job til this morning.

I've added an update and the previous notes on the ticket on your account. I'll keep an eye on the notes from today populating and I'll drop you a message when I have more. If you don't hear from me today, I'll get back to you tomorrow morning when I'm back in the office.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Jimbowe,

I've checked the fault report this morning and the problem looks to be cleared.

I've forwarded an update in your ticket with further details including my testing this morning for you. 

I'm hoping you to have the same positive outcome on your side, but keep an eye on your connection over the next few days and let us know if you need anything further.