Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck IP Profile

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Stuck IP Profile

Thank you for confirming that you're currently connected to the test socket. I'm sorry that your speed hasn't improved yet.

I've checked your account and your connection profile on our side hasn't automatically increased and so was capping the speed you'll be able to achieve on your side. I've adjusted this now - please can you reboot your router and let us know whether your speed increases?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
jasamd85
Grafter

Hi

No speed still capped at 46.

Please uncapp as advises
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

From what I can see the profile on your account is set to 78000kbps. In addition due to the way your connection routes across our network this profile is irrelevant.

As we've previously advised, there is no banding on your line:

"Profile Name: 0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off"

You also have a 3dB SNR target which means that the line is trying to push as much speed to you as possible and your sync rate is at 46.9mbps. There is simply no cap.

As we're not finding any signs of a fault and your speeds are above your estimates of 58.9mbps our suppliers would not accept this as a fault.

Apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jasamd85
Grafter

I'm sorry. Correct me if I'm wrong but you state that my connection speed is 46.9mbps?

How is this ABOVE the estimate speed of 58.9mbps?

Stop stalling in fixing my speed to what i have had before in the previous 7 years of fibre. My average speeds have been around 65 with numerous isps
jasamd85
Grafter

Also Emily confirmed that you WERE capping my speed.
jasamd85
Grafter

Any chance I can get an update? Very close to cancelling
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @jasamd85,

Thank you for getting back in touch. As you've raised several points I will answer each in turn.

“I'm sorry. Correct me if I'm wrong but you state that my connection speed is 46.9mbps?

How is this ABOVE the estimate speed of 58.9mbps?”

Sorry about that, @Gandalf was looking at the wrong side of the estimates here. Your current sync rate of 46.9mbps is above the lower end of your estimate which is 40mbps as found Here.

“Stop stalling in fixing my speed to what ”i have had before in the previous 7 years of fibre. My average speeds have been around 65 with numerous isps

I'm afraid that as your speeds are within your expectations for your line, our suppliers wouldn't accept this as a fault. If we were to arrange an engineer, the likely outcome would be that the job is signed off as right when tested and a call-out charge applied.

Speeds may drop due to numerous reasons,for example there could be cross talk at the cabinet (The green box in the road), which essentially means there's interference from other fibre connections as others go onto fibre. However, the speed that you're seeing at the moment is still within the estimates for your line.

“Also Emily confirmed that you WERE capping my speed.”

I'm very sorry for this. This was an error on my part as the connection profile on your account was lower than the sync speed on our tests I felt that, although the speed you are receiving is within the line's estimates, this may be a way of us getting a bit of an increase in the speed you're seeing on your side. However, my colleague has made me aware that, the profile on your account does not restrict your throughput unless you have a static IP (as the Static IP affects  the way connections are routed across our network.) Sorry for this error and for any inconvenience that this has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
jasamd85
Grafter

Can you provide me with a gea test report
jasamd85
Grafter

Also I cannot help but not understand when I reset my router my sync speed keeps going to 46.9 Exactly!?

Surely it should fluctuate

I believe there is a problem with this connection and I want it fixed now! Or I will be exercising my right to cancel
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @jasamd85,

I have retested your line now. Here is a copy of the latest test result:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 46.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 18.7 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 616.0
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact Retrains Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 09:45 to 08:45
Interference Location Unknown
Interference Observed In Days 2
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-07-06T17:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 43.9 Mbps 68.4 Mbps 56.6 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 16.7 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 18.5 Mbps
Up Time 570.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 853.9 Sec
Retrains 0.0 3.0 0.4
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-07-19T15:30:43Z 2018-07-19T15:45:43Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 75 0

As discussed previously, your line is on the correct IP profile and a reset of this would not increase your speed. As your current sync speed is within the estimates for the line, we would not be able to investigate this further I'm afraid.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
jasamd85
Grafter

Spoke to your live chat support...

Seems like they are able to do what I ask.

Thanks anyway
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @jasamd85,

I can't go into account specific information regarding your contact to live chat on here, due to data protection reasons. I have had a look into this for you and have added a ticket to your account here.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@EmilyD The Service ID should be blank out for his data protection act PN on your first post of gea test result for the customer.

jasamd85
Grafter

Was speaking to you tech support last week and they said they were doing a dlm reset..   I see no improvement.

can you please fix this immediately or i am leaving plusnet.

TERRIBLE SERVICE

used to get 65mb with BT and now 45 here????

SORT IT OUT

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@jasamd85 What is your full stats on your router and post here