cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed problems and constant dropouts

bigsyd
Hooked

Speed problems and constant dropouts

Been with plusnet for a good few years now with basically zero problems....well nothing that a router reboot couldn’t fix,but the last 3/4 weeks have been terrible 

my usual download speed is around 20/24 Mbps and upload is around 4/5.6 Mbps

for the last couple of weeks I have been all over the place from  download 1.4Mbps and lower to at best 10Mbps and uploading at 0.19Mbps to 1.2Mbps Then to add insult to injury constant disconnection

have been using a good quality 3rd party router since day one with plusnet and that is plugged directly into the master socket and only one phone connected with a silent test on line there is no noise on the line

plusnet please please fix my issues as I actually looked at moving to BT today but I don’t want to

18 REPLIES 18
Paul2103

Re: Speed problems and constant dropouts

Hi my internet keeps dropping out it’s been doing it nearly everyday now and I have also noticed my download speed is slow sometimes. 

And I have only been with Plusnet for about 6 months and the problem has just started. They have said everything is fine but it’s not. I just want it fixed now.

bigsyd
Hooked

Just out of interest m8 where about are you,I’m in Skelmersdale west lancs and my local page on Facebook I have asked if anyone is suffering with there bb local to me and a lot are reporting the same issues as me

Paul2103

I’m in ardingly West Sussex and know one has said they have there internet dropping 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @bigsyd, I'm really sorry for the recent issues you have been having.

I have tested the line but this hasn't detected what could be causing the issue you're seeing, you're showing in sync at 25.2mb.

Can you please advise if this issue is seen whether you are using WiFi or wired? If so, I'd advise getting connected into the test socket and raising a fault here and letting us know once done so that we can investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Paul2103, I am sorry that you too are experiencing some issues with your service.

I can see that there have been some drops occur but a test hasn't picked up any faults. There are some errors being seen however, so would again advise getting connected into the test socket and raising a fault here and letting us know once done so that we can investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Paul2103

Hi @LaurenB

Oh really. I don’t don’t seem to have a test socket. So I can’t do a test. 

Paul2103

Hi @LaurenB 

i have plugged in to the test socket but I do not have a pc or laptop so I don’t know how to do the test  

bigsyd
Hooked

Only WiFi is in use... I have the router WiFi disabled and am using a third party Ubiquity networks WiFi access point

bigsyd
Hooked

What a bloody nightmare the internet is tonight...tonight’s ultra fast speeds is.... 0.43Mbps down and 0.48 Mbps up... please don’t tell me I’m syncing  at 25Mbps because it may as well be syncing  at 100Mbps if I’m just about getting dial up speeds

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Paul2103 Thanks for getting back to us. From what we can see since you've connected to the test socket the connection has been more stable as per the below connection graph.

Can you carry out a speed test on one of your devices and let us know the result?

@bigsyd Sorry to hear you're still having issues. We've retested the line and we still can't see any issues remotely I'm afraid. Ideally we need you to test a direct wired connection as we need to rule out wireless interference as the cause

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Paul2103

98992742-74DD-44FE-BC34-6F96D4503577.pngthis is my test results @MatthewWheeler 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @Paul2103

The speeds are where we'd expect them to be but the response time is a bit on the high side.

Retesting your line is showing that there are a few errors on your line that may be causing this but these weren't showing before.

Can you confirm if you're still connected to the test socket?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Paul2103

Hi @MatthewWheeler 

how is there errors on the line. No I’m not connected to the test socket now

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Paul2103 We'd need to investigate the issue as a fault with Openreach to find the cause of errors out but it would be worth us running diagnostics again whilst the router is in the test socket so we can check if they're a factor in the drops you've been noticing. Let us know if you'd be able to do that later today perhaps. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team