cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up FTTC on Netgear DGND3700 (V1)

Rocketman

Setting Up FTTC on Netgear DGND3700 (V1)

Having had FTTC for a couple of weeks now and I eventually managed to find my old DGND3700hought I'd connect it up.
It's not working. The internet LED is RED and the DSL LED is red and flashes. I've tried leaving it for a while but no joy.
Set it up as per the guide here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml#fibreConnectionSe...
Any help would be appreciated. I've even done a factory re-set a couple of times and started all over again. Still no joy
5 REPLIES 5
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Setting Up FTTC on Netgear DGND3700 (V1)

Did you set WAN VLAN tag to 101?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

We saw a few password incorrect messages at 11:30 today.
Have you been entering the right password? It's the same as your account password.
In addition I've searched the router in question and it doesn't appear to have a VDSL modem built in.
It might be worth attaching a screenshot of the router settings with your details blanked out so we can advise further.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Matthew Wheeler - the Netgear DGND3700v1 does have VDSL2 modem inbuilt with this firmware here: http://www.richud.com/wiki/DGND3700_V1_Transmission_Firmware
My parents got DGND3700v1 with the firmware DGND3700_2015-02-08_A_D.chk and the VDSL2 does work with plusnet on it own without plusnet fibre router or openreach modem. See the screenshot below.
Rocketman

Thanks for all the replies. I saw your older posts goldenfibre so I knew it was capable of it. However, I tried to upgrade the router and it didn't work at all. I've tried to re-install the firmware via tftp but no joy...oops, looks like I've killed the router. It clears the flash but doesn't/can't upload it. 😞
lf2k
Grafter

In the hope you can resurrect it (you tried a factory image?), I've attached a montage of my settings... the router will work fine, but the settings you need are scattered across 3 different screens.
[there's a new beta version out, but I've tried that and it messes up the WiFi on 2.4GHz]
Also, I'm not using the modem side of things at the moment because I'm trying to get my line to stabilise after I did some work on things, but the router works really well...