Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retransmission Circuit BT

FIXED
zishan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Retransmission Circuit BT

Well that was the last bt eng call PN has promised me, so now I have to continue with 33mb profile

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'm really not too sure why this wasn't picked up on from the OP

zishan wrote:
The engineer replaced the modem to an older model stating that this was a better model then the newer one.

It seems to me that's when the problem with the lower profile started. I would have been insisting that on the subsequent engineer visits another modem(/router) was tried Undecided

Edit: That's definitely a Huawei modem you've been left with? What model number & version is it?

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

I'm with Anotherone on this that the modem swap is to blame I'm pretty sure that if you were to get a modem that is G.INP compatible you will get the 43Mb that the Engineer got during his tests, the one you have doesn't seem to be compatible be it a very old model or it's a ECI and not a Huawei.

As Anotherone suggests take a look at the back of the modem and post the make and model number we can go from there, don't worry if Openreach / Plusnet wont help further we will to the best of our ability .

zishan
Rising Star

I can confirm the modem is the following:-

Huawei

Echolite HG612

FTTC VDSL NTE

firmware V100R001601B028SP10

I told PN and 2 BT engineers about the change in modem and they both denied anything wrong with it.

zishan
Rising Star

Got a call from PN this morning wanting to close the call due to the fact I was receiving estimated fibre speed, even though its the lowest estimate. They have ignored engineer notes regarding why he received 43mb on his equipment and I was receiving 33mb.

Regarding the modem I notified them of the help I received here and was advised " If I want a better router, Go out and buy one."

I received 1 month fibre discount due to issue's , even though I reported the fault back in 2015 dec and it was finally resolved on may 6th 2016 with copper fault.

Thanks for all your help, but I've hit a brick wall on this and fault is now closed.  

zishan
Rising Star

Sorry, I meant to say modem, rather then router.

Anotherone
Champion

The fault isn't closed until such time as you agree the issue is solved. You may have hit a brick wall with the agent who is responding to this but that does not mean that is the end of the matter.

I would reply to the ticket and state very clearly that you are not satisfied with the response you have received and that they have failed to address the question of why the engineer gets 43Mbps and you are only getting 33Mbps and any further comment about "if you want a better 'modem' - buy one" will result in a formal complaint to Plusnet.

Anotherone
Champion

Fix

Further more, you can add to the above - that the Firmware on the Modem you have been left with is not the latest firmware and you understand it is not compatible with G.INP  and this would now explain why your connection performance is now worse.
The engineer may have left you with a Modem, which in his opinion may be a better Modem, but until the firmware is upgraded it is not going to give the best performance. What are Plusnet going to do about getting the firmware upgraded?

zishan
Rising Star

I have left modem info for you, are you 100% sure the info I gave given on the modem is wrong firmware? If so I'll reopen ticket and place that information there
Terranova667
Pro

Yes the Modem you have does not have the correct firmware for G.INP as me and Anotherone have said already.

The Modem you have Is currently not compatible it needs the firmware updating or the modem replaced with one that is compatible, I'm very confident that once the firmware is updated or the modem replaced which ever happens you will get the result the engineer got during his tests.   

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

@zishan wrote:

I can confirm the modem is the following:-

firmware V100R001601B028SP10

I told PN and 2 BT engineers about the change in modem and they both denied anything wrong with it.

AFAIK you can only identify the firmware version in a HGH612 if it's been unlocked, and if it's unlocked then it running unofficial firmware. Also some versions of the unlocked firmware blocked future BT's upgrades.

Is this problem self inflicted or did the BT technician supply a modem running unofficial software? Shocked

You can download G.INP compatible firmware ( B030SP08 ) and get installing instructions here:

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,14262.0.html

Anotherone
Champion

I see npr had pointed you to a link on the kitz site which I assume is the one you'd already discovered after I gave you the firmware details via PM. I will reply to your latest PM shortly. Has there been any further response to your ticket?
Anyway I'm glad the problem is resolved.

@npr I doubt we'll ever know why it had that particular firmware on board, but at least the primary issue is sorted.

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

@Anotherone wrote:

@npr I doubt we'll ever know why it had that particular firmware on board, but at least the primary issue is sorted.

No, but it does absolve the ISP of any responsibility for this problem. Cheesy

Anotherone
Champion

It absolves the ISP of nothing Knuppel The OR engineer changed the modem and the performance went down. It is entirely the responsibility of the ISP to get that resolved. The customer should not have to end up doing their own firmware updates just because the agents dealing with the issue have not been clued up enough to see the wood for the trees!

Terranova667
Pro

I noticed that the thread says fixed did the OP get the firmware updated and such the speed returned ? if so that's good news