cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request DLM Reset

wratten85
Grafter

Re: Request DLM Reset

Any news on this, as BT have been to the house again...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Really disappointing to see the engineer didn't call us as requested.

I've gone back to the escalation team to advise further but I suspect we may need to arrange a visit. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wratten85
Grafter

I just dont understand why though.... Surely they can see previous notes from other engineers saying they have checked my internal line already. Plus, to check the line they can just disconnect the pair from the POP outside my house. But this still doesnt explain why they have to come to my house to check the underground external wiring.

If i have to book a morning off work again then so be it but they're just going to say the same thing. Put the tester on the socket, tell me there isnt an issue then were back to square one again...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The engineers had reported back to advise they've tested the line and aren't showing any issues so they're wanting to test the line from inside your property although I appreciate that's already been checked before.

With the limited information we've received from the engineer and the escalation team it'd be difficult to advise why the engineer hasn't checked the underground wiring or if indeed this has already been checked and not documented. 

At this stage, I think it's going to be a bit fruitless booking another engineer appointment without arranging this with you first as it seems clear they're wanting access to investigate further and while I can't 100% guarantee what steps will be taken on the day of the visit or we won't need to arrange a further visit I'll make sure we keep this escalated as much as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wratten85
Grafter

OK, arrange for Either Mon/Tues/Weds, PM preferebly of possible.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'll hang fire on that actually, following my last post I received an email from the escalation team to advise they've highlighted this to the 'patch manager' and while I've booked the engineer for Tuesday afternoon to keep the fault open on the Openreach system I'm asking whether they'd still be able to try to get this investigated externally.

I should know more by the close of play tomorrow with regards to whether we'd need you (or somebody) to be home.

Sorry for the hassle and frustration.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wratten85
Grafter

OK no problem, thanks. What have they highlighted to the patch manager?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Based on the email I sent before I got that reply, which queried the reasons why the engineer didn't carry out the underground work, I'd suspect they've highlighted that to the patch manager.

I've since emailed to ask whether the appointment I've been asked to book for next week will be for an engineer to visit you or whether they'd still be able to try to get this sorted externally.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wratten85
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf 

Any news from BT as yet as ill need to book the time off if required.

Cheers,

Mat

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Mat, 

I got an email back not long ago to advise they've left notes for the engineer to call us on the day before visiting you and they've also emailed the field operations manager again. 

Seems to be the same steps that were taken previously so I'm not confident the engineer won't need access to investigate further. Sad

If you can I'd book the Tuesday afternoon off work. Sorry again for the hassle. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wratten85
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf ,

Managed to get the afternoon off so we'll see what happens. Have they definately said that this will be a proper investigation this time and not just the same test as ive had previously on my line? This will be the 4th time that they have investigated this from my socket and every time they have just said that there is no fault found and just passed this back...

Cheers,

Mat

wratten85
Grafter

Have I been profiled again by the way? For some reason my SNR margin has dropped to 4.1 and im getting an attainable rate of 71mb but my max download speed is still the same at around 55mb.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Mat, they've not said that in so many words but any escalation we raise is to ensure a full investigation is carried out.

While there's an open fault in the Openreach system, line tests come back with "Test Rejected" but I've checked BT's Reactive Repair Tool(RRT) data accurate as of yesterday and that's showing your sync speed has indeed increased to 64.4mbps

I've given the profile on your account a poke to reflect this, it should update automatically to match a sync speed/IP profile of the line but occasionally it can take a few days to do this by itself.

Can you disconnect and reconnect your router? You should see a higher download speed afterwards. We've nothing back from the engineer yet, feel free to let me know how it goes once they've arrived and/or have been.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

*Engineer's booked for tomorrow, that's why we've heard nothing back yet... my bad. Got a few escalated faults on the go!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wratten85
Grafter

No problem, still booked for this afternoon? 1-6 pm im guessing.