cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet, what on earth is going on with my service?

jake4567
Dabbler

Plusnet, what on earth is going on with my service?

I am a long-time Plusnet customer who HAD BEEN enjoying the costly Fibre-Extra service and phone (evenings and weekends)..

My download speed was constantly at 62-65 Mbps (as advertised for my phone line).

MY broadband SPEED IS NOW ONLY 10Mbps!!! and a short time ago was constantly dropping.

Added to this my PHONE IS NOW DEAD with no dialing tone!!!

I obviously cannot use my phone to contact you (land-line only) and the chat-line

IS ALWAYS OFFLINE as so many can testify.

This has been the case for weeks with my service, and if you cannot fix things, compensate me and give me what I am paying for, then I am going to cancel the standing order to Plusnet, as this seems to be the only way that I may be able to get through to you. I may also visit my lawyer if necessary.

I am absolutely disgusted at what has happened; my service is decimated and you are still taking my money.

Over the years Plusnet, I have largely enjoyed a good service from you, but this situation is now intolerable and ridiculous;

I don't even have a phone, which I need for contacting my hospital.

John

18 REPLIES 18
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Plusnet, what on earth is going on with my service?

Cool down jake, though I understand why you are angry. If your phone line is dead then your problem lies with the Openreach network, not Plusnet. Maybe the line has been damaged by the recent gales? Presumably you have posted this using your mobile data or perhaps via a friend's BB. Suggest you follow the PN checks HERE then call PN if you don't succeed.

Meantime whatever you do, DON'T cancel your standing order or you'll cause even more trouble all round. Accounts/compensation can be sorted out later. Must go to work now but follow this procedure as a start. Best wishes

AJ0704
Dabbler

Having the same problems trying to get in contact with real people - none of the 0800 numbers seem to be working for me and AI Joe is a joke who fobs you off and boots you out of the system.  Very frustrating.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @jake4567,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your connection and for any inconvenience, this is causing. Our tests are picking up a potential external issue, however, please can you go through the checks that @Longliner has pointed you to. 

If the issue persists please report the issue here; faults.plus.net .

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
jake4567
Dabbler

I have done the Longliner recommended tests some time ago and followed his further advice of going into the never ending cycle of getting absolutely nowhere trying to contact PLUSNET. 

THERE IS NO EFFECTIVE WORKING PLUSNET CONTACT SYSTEM; AS THOUSANDS OF YOUR CUSTOMERS WOULD NOW TESTIFY.

Its pretty obvious to me that PLUSNET with the ending of the once good and functional ticketing system, along with the apparent de-manning and effective permanent closure of the help chat-line, combined also with a similarly under-manned telephone help-line, have designed an extra profit scraping system that makes extra money out of premature cancellation fees, less staff and throttling, than the core business for which you are licensed; shame on you PLUSNET you were such a great company a few years back..

Longliner in his reply to me shifts the blame for the daylight-robbery to the Openreach network!!!

Forgive me for being an exceptionally thick person (and not a quote, aspiring pro), but I thought that Openreach was a wholly owned subsidiary of BT, who also owns PLUSNET right?

Better get moving PLUSNET, just in case I have to phone for an ambulance in the middle of the night without a phone; (not all of us stupid oldies like having our ear canals slowly boiled with 1900Mhz radiation on max power, as one of mine was until I binned the 2 little microwaving-[-Censored-] in 2005).

And please read your customer's emails properly?

Sending off a request for Form N1 from the small-clams court.

Over to you PN.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Openreach have to provide all service providers they deal with an equal service.

Have you raised a fault ticket online?

Faults.plus.net

jake4567
Dabbler

Oh for GOD's  sake. 

I could not report a fault.

There is no faults.plus.net. just the usual merry-go round to nowhere.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

It works for me. Try going to the Broadband tab in your account then click on Broadband Troubleshooter. Completing that will raise a fault ticket to the faults team. 

jake4567
Dabbler

If so, then why the hell is this clear and vital information not on every help-page on the PLUSNET site,

for those less than expert members pulling their hair out and desperate to obtain help?

I am not thanking you Thrail, as there should be absolutely no need for non-paid effective

staff members (?), like yourself to inform people of the essential skills that are hidden

from them a mile deep in the Plusnet site (it used to be only a quarter of a mile deep).

You are part of the problem Thrail; without your help the profit-hungry [-Censored-], would have

to make it clear to their sucker-clients how to easily get help rather than a nervous[-Censored-]

break-down.

Pathetic company !!!

Moderators Note: Avoidance of swear filter removed

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well your caps lock works.

You need to see if there is a fault on your landline first, then report that to whoever you pay for it. Sounds to me that you have one.

It has happened to me and that is what I did, if you have a landline fault (it could be anywhere) from your house to the exchange then someone will need to fix it. Your broadband is never going to be good until that happens.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@jake4567 wrote:

Forgive me for being an exceptionally thick person

You are forgiven ... but not for your ungracious and rude replies to those who give up their time to help you. Community members can ignore those who behave like trolls but Plusnet representatives can not. To them, often working under difficult conditions at home, my sympathies.

However, many companies have policies regarding abuse of their staff and frankly your posts border on the offensive, so my last words to you are a repeat of my first: cool down, jake.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello@jake4567,

We appreciate your frustrations and we are sorry for any inconvenience this experiencing is causing.

I can see that an external fault has been located and our faults team will keep you updated here.

I have also registered your complaint on the account. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
jake4567
Dabbler

Good grief you arrogant nobody!   '(Me), Behaving like trolls'?

100% on the mark; trying to save my life with the possibility of phoning an ambulance in need?; you pitifully arrogant cretin.

My life and health is genuinely at stake all because of cost-cutting and an effectively non-existent help service (customers totally unable to contact anybody) and I'm not permitted to offend in any way without being called names?

One of the reasons why this industry is in such a universally sorry mess (read the boards), is that more

people don't speak up with the entirely necessary truth to those bottom-liners(£) who don't want to hear it

Aspiring Pro; Extremely thick, over sensitive, insulting, judgemental and foolishly dismissive in the face of the real and possibly dangerous consequences.of Plusnet policy. 

Insulting and judgmental; what every tribaly-loyal  ISP help-team needs.

If there is anybody with a little decency and real power reading this? How about dismissing this

aspiring pro from his hoped for professional life....we don't need the likes.

To the real pros; thank you finally PLUSNET for the help you have now  undertaking on my behalf; the small claims

court claim will be held in abeyance.....for now.

AND Oh!, thrice oh!!!  Thank you so, so much, aspiring Pro for your arrogant forgiveness;

'always helping to elevate the virtue-signalling reprobates to their self ornamented thrones' (Poems 1997).

jake4567
Dabbler

Oh  boy!  Alex says, 'Someone needs to fix it.' (my phone line).

How's about PLUSNET,  who's phone service I pay for.

Has anyone read my first post???

And thank Longliner for Alex's tick of approval; can't break ranks can you.

Quote; Openreach network;  wholly owned subsidiary of BT

Why can’t you contact Openreach directly?    (concerning phone problems).

You can, but we’re a wholesaler and we were set up to work for communications providers – the companies that you buy  your home or business phones or broadband from; Contacting them is the fastest way to fix a whole range of problems.

Oh yeah?? 😀 LOL!

I assume Openreach that you have a special means of communication to Plusnet,

because none of us poor-[-Censored-] have one.