Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet warning

FIXED
iruhaku
Dabbler

Plusnet warning

I recently received an email regarding an apparent download. apparently I or someone on my network downloaded "The Mummy" which is very strange considering I own the film on amazon. I've emailed support and forwarded them proof of my ownership of the movie. will they cut off my internet? I haven't done anything. I also pointed out my complicated set up at home with 2 routers one for the kids, netflix, amazon prime and nowtv which has set bandwidth and secured with WPA2 with a hidden SSID. second router running DDWRT with AirVPN. I've checked my router logs and no one unauthorised has used it. very strange and just wanting to make sure they're not going to disconnect me for something I've not done.

Thanks in advance for any advice 

3 REPLIES 3
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Plusnet warning

Fix

Panic ye not. Smiley

Sounds like the Voluntary Copyright Alert Programme(VCAP).

This will put it into perspective -

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/01/big-uk-isps-send-first-internet-piracy-warning-letters...

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Dont worry , i have had one of them Emails and am still here

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
iruhaku
Dabbler

ah, a load of rubbish then, who would even download the mummy, [-Censored-] film, disgusted i paid for that [-Censored-]. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.