cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

wezknowles

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Hi Bob, is there any chance I could get this update on my hub?

hillybilly76

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

I'm having almost exactly the same issues. Everything was fine until around 7pm last night when I suddenly started getting internet disconnects. These can happen every couple of minutes and sometimes will not reconnect without restarting the plusnet hub one. The event log looks very similar to the ones posted. TCP attacks and termination request.

Actually, now it won't reconnect at all so I'm using my phones data to send this.

The only thing I haven't tried is to listen to the phone line, to make sure it isn't crackling, as I don't have a landline phone to hand.

I've been with plusnet for about 5 years. Never had any problems like this.

Cheers.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Sorry to hear this issue is affecting more people.

I've now added the following to the open Problem 96703 

@carpettown

@Kordgtr

@wezknowles

@hillybilly76 - I don't believe this is related to your problem, as I'm barely seeing any upstream usage on your connection, at least in the last 24 hours when your line has been heavily dropping.

Testing your line it is identifying a possible fault which may require an engineer visit, I'd advise going through the checks here and to complete the broadband troubleshooter here if you continue to experience problems.

If you need further support on here, I'd advise creating your own thread (just to keep this thread on topic).

Feel free to tag me in a post if you want.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Dead-end link edited.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Gandalf any new on the general release of the fix ?? looks to be going on some time now

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
joseogbourne

Ok so I took the plunge and bought a netgeat nighthawk D7000 and I've got to say it's worked brilliant so far! I haven't come across any connection drops so far whilst I've been online. The speeds are better and the wifi speeds have greatly increased. I can't say for certain the router was the issue but it certainly has helped. New micro filter and cables that came with it have been used also.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

@rongtw wrote:

@Gandalf any new on the general release of the fix ?? looks to be going on some time now

I've no news I'm afraid.

@joseogbourne wrote:
Ok so I took the plunge and bought a netgeat nighthawk D7000 and I've got to say it's worked brilliant so far! I haven't come across any connection drops so far whilst I've been online. The speeds are better and the wifi speeds have greatly increased. I can't say for certain the router was the issue but it certainly has helped. New micro filter and cables that came with it have been used also.

Happy to hear that!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
carpettown

@Gandalf when i click on 96703 nothing happens and the page times out

I've now added the following to the open Problem 96703 

When can i expect something to happen or an update ? will the fix be applied that was done by bobpullen earlier in the thread ? can you please shed some light on this.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed link

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The link on 96703 is internal and Anoush has accidentally posted it here, it's simply a link to our internal problem on this.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Samson2
Hooked

Hi Bob,

You applied the fix to my router a while ago and all was well. Over the past few weeks, however, the internet speed has seemed slower and it has also been dropping out. I'm not sure if it's the same problem? We have had some power cuts so does that reset the router back to factory settings? Also, using a wireless extender, I used to be able to watch amazon prime on my tv with the firestick but I can no longer do that. Appreciate it might be a wireless issue here (separate from the broadband dropping out) but I don't understand why the wireless situation should change. I think because the internet drops out it stops streaming? Apologies but I'm not very "techy". Would happily buy a new router if I knew it would fix the problem!

Many thanks

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Samson2,

If your speeds have dropped and the connection is intermittently dropping (not consistently on upload) then it's unlikely to be the same issue. I'd advise starting a separate thread for your connection issue so we can keep this topic on track.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@carpettown@wezknowles@Kordgtr@doubleref@hannahbeckitt@544648@kevoconnor & @Grahamcol - I've pushed a config update to your devices that should have resolved the issue. Shout up if you're still experiencing problems.

@joseogbourne, I'm unable to do the same for your router as I can't communicate with it, presumably because you've now got the Netgear up and running. Let me know if you do decide to switch back and I'll give it another go.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@hillybilly76, I'm unable to communicate with your router as there's no record of it in our management platform. As @Gandalf says though, sounds like you might be suffering from a different issue.  

@Samson2, aside from some instability a few days ago, your connection looks pretty solid:

Session Started	        Session Ended	        Session Duration
06:52 06/Jun/2017	N/A	                2 Days, 8:27:17 (on going)
06:32 06/Jun/2017	06:51 06/Jun/2017	0:18:52
06:22 06/Jun/2017	06:31 06/Jun/2017	0:8:56
06:06 06/Jun/2017	06:22 06/Jun/2017	0:16:5
05:57 06/Jun/2017	06:05 06/Jun/2017	0:8:2
17:33 03/Jun/2017	05:56 06/Jun/2017	2 Days, 12:23:9
10:12 26/May/2017	17:31 03/Jun/2017	8 Days, 7:18:47

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

hillybilly76

Hi dude,

Sorry, completely forgot to reply.
So I bought a telephone and plugged it in....my line was noisier than that blokes farm must be, in the middle of the M62 'int pennines. So a lovely chap called Neville from BT Openreach came round this morning and fixed it for me.

Apologies for adding to the confusion in this thread.

Great customer service from your website though, as always.

Cheers.
Barbaraallebone

Having just changed to fibre broadband, my broadband has been frequently disconnecting.  Apparently this is due to automatic uploads, which I do not know how to change.  I have received emails stating that they are going to fix my new router remotely to prevent this happening, but so far this has not happened, nor have I received a new different type of router.  Plusnet did send an engineer round, but he was only able to ascertain that the problem is not with my wiring.  I have spent many hours now trying to get this resolved and I would not recommend Plusnet at present.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Barbaraallebone, the remote fix was pushed to your device last Thursday. Any disconnections you've witnessed since then are therefore unlikely to be caused by the issue being discussed in this thread.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team