cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Amos91
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Sorry @bobpullen, could you push the fix my way too?

Thanks,

Oliver

steveops1

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@bobpullen this issue has surely gone on long enough. I read on here that there is some sort of fix that is being put in place by this Bob character. Why have we all not had this fix sent to us we shouldn't have to go on a forum to try to get a working Internet connection!
NSXGB

@bobpullen could you please add me to your list?

Details requested as follows:

Plusnet Hub One

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226

Unlimited fibre 40/2

Cannot find gateway using: hyttp://usertools.plus.net/@gateway

Trying to upload from a Windows 7 PC

All uploads affected but Dropbox and http://insightgenesis.laketrax.com are two which have caused problems more due to size of file?

Has been a problem for over 1 month. I don't upload much so may have been longer.

Have no access to another router at the moment.

Thanks in advance....

jonkirk

Hi @bobpullen

Posted a couple of pages back but missed the list of information you needed on page 6

Here are my details

• Make/model of router: Sagecom Plusnet Hub one
  • Firmware/software version: 4.7.5.1.83.8.226
  • What product/speed you have: Unlimited 40/2
  • Gateway:core2-hu0-18-0-0.colindale.ukcore.bt.net (62.172.103.16) 7.210 ms
  • Devices being used to upload from: Android Smartphone, Windows 10 machine
  • What it is you're uploading/what service you're using: Dropbox, Mega, Youtube
  • When the problem first started: Since the beginning of plusnet service (Only been with you a couple of weeks)
  • If you have access to a different router: Only have access to another Plusnet Hub one which was sent out but same issue

If I don't try to upload anything the connection holds steady without dropping, I can stream 1080p video etc without issue. If I start uploading the connection drops after a minute or so

Thanks

newey

We are also experiencing this issue? Plusnet support have said to post details here? To get a temporary fix?

Nickandwilliam

My service continually cuts out which I am told is something to do with uploading. I was told to post here for a possible fix?
Modern_Min

Reply received from PlusNet

"Thanks for your patience. I have fully tested your broadband and this shows that you are being affected by a problem (PID: 96703) with the router dropping the connection when the upstream usage is high, rather than a fault with the underlying service. This is being investigated and you can follow the progress on our community forums here: Fibre Upload Dropouts We hope to roll a fix out to the routers affected shortly. Many apologies for any inconvenience this is causing. Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance"

I guess I'm in the same boat. How 'soon' is the fix I wonder?

jonkirk

Hi Nick. 

Check out Page 6 for the list of things that Bob needs, he is the one that's applying temporary fixes to routers. If yours is cutting out all of the time it might be something else though. With this issue your connection will be fine until you try to upload things to youtube, dropbox, mega, or an online backup service. Basically anything that's uploading a lot.

I can stream 1080p video and be fine but as soon as I upload anything it kills the connection

chrischall93

Not got a clue about any of the stuff people are talking about on here. But my connections has been on and off every 5-20 mins for the past 3 weeks now! Some days when im working from home i time it and its every 5/6 mins, and i have to wait a couple of mins before i can do anything again. When will it be resolved? 

JohnPatrick

Having constant problems with my iMac computer

Router:    Plusnet Hub 1  serial : 081441.NQ53621131

No idea of firmware/software version

Product: Unlimited fibre 40/2

The gateway tool failed to identify it

Devices: Android phones (2), iPads (2), NowTV box, iMac 8Gb running OS 10.12.3 Sierra (4 years old)

The only device that seems to cause the problem is the iMac (router drops page every 5 to 10 minutes and the blue bar goes solid orange). This of course disrupts all internet based activities in the house.

Happens when: Upload to Cloud, during normal surfing and when asked to download large files e.g OS updates or instruction manual for camera

The problem has been with me for at least 2 months

Hope you'll be able to suggest some fixes

JohnPatrick

Just uploaded the last post and the router went orange! Fortunately was able to salvage it

Incidentally Pusnet sent the Openreach engineer on Thursday last

The line was excellent (1.4Km of copper) and the speed was 38/2 as he left

In the last two days I tested again (several times) and the speed has dropped to 20/0.5

Why?

Red811

Hi,

Please can the fix be sent my way too.

Thanks,

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@JohnPatrick@chrischall93@Modern_Min@Nickandwilliam@newey@jonkirk@NSXGB@steveops1 & @Amos91, temporary update has been applied to all of your devices. Try to avoid factory resetting or you'll lose the changes.

@howiemartinez1, struggling to locate your account so can you please drop me a private message to let me know what your account username is?

@steveops1 wrote:
Why have we all not had this fix sent to us we shouldn't have to go on a forum to try to get a working Internet connection!

It's not as simple as that I'm afraid. We are working on a global fix. Unfortunately, in this instance it's not something we can rush into. There's both an interim solution in the pipeline, as well as changes being made to a future firmware build. These things take time though, and development time excepted, there are a number of quality gates/formal tests that need to be conducted before things can be pushed to production. Last thing I'd want to do is make changes to everybody's routers that introduces some other, potentially more disruptive problem. For the interim solution we hope to be in a position to pull the trigger in a week or two. Likely to be a few months before the next firmware build sees the light of day though.

I'm applying workarounds manually for folk when I find some spare time, but it's time consuming and as those posting over recent days will have realised, I'm not always around these parts.

@adamyaffe wrote:
Hi @bobpullen
You fixed my router a couple of weeks ago which was awesome. But the last two days, the problem has returned. What do I do...?

I only see a couple of drops during the period you're talking about so possibly not the same issue. With the exception of a couple of drops today, your connection's been uninterrupted for over 4 days too.

@OllyA wrote:

@bobpullen I spoke to soon thought the problem had resolved with your update you pushed to router but this morning it has returned and internet disconnects agian very 5-10min.

Only thing I have changed is moved the router so not sure if unplugging it has wiped your update, would you be able to look into this agin?

Really? the line looks pretty stable to me. It's dropped just four times in the last fortnight and at the time of writing has been up for over 4 days Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@patstew@Didserella@thosechilvers@adamjackman & @iMook, yours have been done too Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

iMook

Thanks very much Bob Thumbs_Up