Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal response from Plusnet?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Normal response from Plusnet?

They've come back and as Tony suspected they want to send a engineer.
If you can let us know your availability from Tuesday onwards we'll get one booked as soon as possible.
The timeslots are 8am while 1pm and 1pm while 6pm.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
infidelus
Rising Star

Thanks Matthew.  I've replied to the ticket.
infidelus
Rising Star

I know we've just had a long bank holiday weekend, but has there been any response from BT yet regarding a visit?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry I've only just seen this.
I'm getting a visit booked in now and I'll update your ticket shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
infidelus
Rising Star

Thanks Matthew
infidelus
Rising Star

The Openreach engineer has been and gone.  He ran a bunch of tests and says the line is fine all the way to the exchange.  He disappeared off to the exchange and came back about an hour later saying I've been set on the 40Mb profile instead of the 80Mb.  He's now passing the call back as there's nothing he can do to fix this as it's not a fault.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm not sure why he's said that if I'm being honest.
Your on the 80/20 service and your current sync speed is 31mbps so even if you were it wouldn't change the fact that the sync is still poor.
Leave it with me and I'll see what I can do.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
infidelus
Rising Star

Thanks Matthew.  The engineers did say something along the lines of the port(s) I'm connected to are both set at 40Mb (so until that's fixed I'm not going to get an improved speed).
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've passed this back to our suppliers so they can investigate further
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
infidelus
Rising Star

Matthew,
Not to pester (actually it is to pester, but I can't think of another nice way to do it :)), but have you had any update from your supplier?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can see our faults team have picked this up for you this morning.
They'll be in touch shortly.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
infidelus
Rising Star

Matthew,
I've just looked at my ticket to see you've run tests again and are saying that another engineer visit is required.  I'm guessing Plusnet and BT don't talk to each other.  I'm sure my update above isn't exactly what the engineer said, however he did say that there was something that was set at the wrong speed and that it's not something he could fix.  He also said it should be resolved within 48 hours, which we're now past.  I don't understand why Plusnet feel another engineer visit is needed if the engineer has said there's nothing wrong with the line.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm looking at the results myself.
I don't think what the engineer said is correct as you've been provided on the 80/20 service.
There's nothing set on your line restricting your speeds so I do think another engineer visit is the best way to proceed.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
infidelus
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply.
I'm getting a little annoyed with this now.  It's been nearly three weeks since I raised this fault.  You're telling me one thing, and BT are telling me something else.  If the Openreach engineer says the port I'm connected to has been capped at 40Mb, I can't see how another visit by another engineer is going to fix as the port in question is surely either at the cabinet or the exchange.
I'm also back at work next week and I can't guarantee anyone's going to be at home unless they can specify an exact time and not just 8-1 or 1-6.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I understand where your coming from completely.
I don't know why the engineer claimed the port at 40 either as the profile applied to your line clearly shows it isn't.
Your current profile is this "0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Interleaving On" which means the modem is allowed to sync anywhere between 0.1mbps and 80mbps on the downstream and between 0.1mbps and 20mbps on the upstream.
If the line isn't achieving this then it could be down to a fault, crosstalk or the estimate being incorrect. For what its worth I can get you a engineer out tomorrow?
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team