Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer waiting in for BT modem install

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: New customer waiting in for BT modem install

Quote from: dnpark38
I just do not understand why Sky have such a good relationship with BT/OR and Plusnet it is evident in many subjects in these forums that Plusnet are very reluctant to send OR out to their customers.

Because Plusnet is owned by BT and is managed by ex-BT bosses. All the evidence points to OpenReach leaving them at the bottom of the priority chain knowing that Plusnet will not make waves because they are all divisions of the same monolith.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Bob
I've just had a scout about my desk to see if there's an Openreach modem I can send you but I can't locate one. Fairly certain I can source one, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow now because those I need to speak to have left the office.

I've just dropped a modem in the post. Should hopefully be with you by the end of the week.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dnpark38
Rising Star

Smiley
Thank you.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
mwarby
Grafter

I also think in the OPs case BT Wholsale/Openreach really haven't got the process for migrations from ISP supplied kit to Openreach kit in place.
I'd imagine these are fairly rare (ISPs haven't been providing VDSL modems for that long, coupled with contract tie in), and fairly low priority as Openreach modems won't be supplied at all come the end of the year
I think it's quite odd given the closness between BT and plusnet, that plusnet have yet to launch a homehub like device.
joclark
Grafter

Hi,
Quote from: mwarby
I think it's quite odd given the closness between BT and plusnet, that plusnet have yet to launch a homehub like device.

Although yes Wholesale supply us with the same service as BT retail, we still operate as 2 separate competitors. So when it comes to the equipment which is supplied we both look at the best options for the budgets which we have.
dnpark38
Rising Star

Postman brought the OR modem sent to me by Bob Pullen, thanks Bob.
Now posting from home via Plusnet.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png