cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked in to 40/20 and it seems no way out

Calligrapher

Re: Locked in to 40/20 and it seems no way out

In reply to WWWombat,
The amount of statistics available is phenomenal. The tweaks, if you know how to use them, are awesome. The defaults are very good anyway. Truly a really good modem/router.
In reply to chenks76,
Is what you are saying is that I am stuck on this profile until hell freezes over?
Trevor
WWWombat
Grafter

@chenks76
I haven't forgotten, but I'm in a state of ambivalence.
I'm prepared to believe the statement made on behalf of Assia, that they've been told that DLM has been stopped. However, I'm equally prepared to believe that it could only be a small component that is turned off.
Meanwhile, Plusnet have not come back and confirmed that DLM has been turned off - which is a statement all by itself. Can BTW get away without telling their customers (ISPs) about a material change in behaviour to the system they are buying? That they won't inform them about a change that affects the way end users are supported?
And some customers still seem to be experiencing changes to DLM intervention while the shutdown is supposedly active.
As I'm not convinced one way or the other, as yet, it is hard to warn about it in a way that doesn't add to the confusion.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Calligrapher

It seems I am no longer locked on 40/20 but my down speed has dropped away. How can this be?
I have tried to understand the stats from the modem/router but it still makes little sense. Could they be interpreted as they were previously.
Just hope and pray life returns to my connection or somehow get the interleaving removed.
What do I do next?
Trevor