Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a mistake?

PeteW1959
Grafter

Re: Is this a mistake?

@InterZoom wrote:

PlusNet are happy to price match that with my existing 40/20 connection, they say, but only if I am happy to agree to a new 24 month lock in:

I would have been happy if PN had offered me this, but all they could offer me was 80/20 for an extra £3/month. Seems they are not treating all customers equally, and as I have been with them for over 10 years, brand loyalty obviously counts for nothing.

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

@Baldrick1 wrote:

And guess what? 'Chat is currently unavailable'!!!!

It is working here, I just used it.  Do you have something like Ghostery or an Ad Blocker in your browser? If so you need to turn them off temporarily.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I've just used chat to ask about my profile speed. They say they will all be updated once all the changes have taken place.

RJM
Rising Star

@Mayfly

Yes, that was the answer I got from them as well.

I am sure everything will be resolved.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Well I have just spoken to customer services and they haven't a clue as to what is happening. All they will say is that you're profile is stuck at 40 and we can't change it! How strange that they can half my download speed without any problem!!!! This is an absolute disgrace Plusnet!

Are there any Plusnet staff out there who are prepared to stick they're heads above the parapet and explain when we will get the promised 55Mbps?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

As a few of you have already discovered and advised here, unfortunately the change from 40/20 to 55/10 is not something our advisors over the phone or web chat are able to help with.

Although it is currently not worth calling/web chatting to chase this issue up, we are aware of this and we are currently looking in to this to correct the change to 55/10.

I do appreciate the affected people bringing this to our attention and I've made a note of your accounts to pass on to the relevant people so try and find a pattern of people that are now seeing 40/10 as opposed to 55/10 as they should.

I would kindly request that people do not call/web chat to chase up why their speeds appear to have changed to 40/10 and not 55/10 as expected, however please do continue to let us know here or by PMing me your username so I can pass as many examples on as possible to help further investigations.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@InterZoom - No contract showing on your account at the moment. If one appears on your billing date, give me a nudge and I'll sort that out.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
InterZoom
Rising Star

@PeteW1959 wrote:

@InterZoom wrote:

PlusNet are happy to price match that with my existing 40/20 connection, they say, but only if I am happy to agree to a new 24 month lock in:

I would have been happy if PN had offered me this, but all they could offer me was 80/20 for an extra £3/month. Seems they are not treating all customers equally, and as I have been with them for over 10 years, brand loyalty obviously counts for nothing.

It's a confusion pricing strategy based around a churn metric, presumably. You aren't a customer: just a number. The current "time limited" offer of £5 for 6 months followed by £19.99 works out at £14.99 with only an 18 month lock-in -- so where would be the sense in me agreeing to 24 months anyway?!... The result is an unpleasant morass of bullying and cajoling. And it's a right pain too, because I don't like to be walked all over, but do I really want to be spending my time dealing with it?...

Crazy3

---
Troubleshooting:
The Limitations of Traceroute & Ping
Latency: Connection "fast" but internet sluggish? Bufferbloat FAQ
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.
InterZoom
Rising Star

Thanks @HarryB

No, I haven't flicked the switch yet. Had other stuff to do.

Also rather inclined to wait for the Openreach product to change to 55/10 so that there's (I assume) a cost to PlusNet in moving it back to 80/20!  Tongue

Akh. What is this turning me into?!   Very sad.   Sad

---
Troubleshooting:
The Limitations of Traceroute & Ping
Latency: Connection "fast" but internet sluggish? Bufferbloat FAQ
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.
andytay
Rising Star

Hi Harry

How do i PM you? My line speed is still the same

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@andytay

Click on HarryB's icon and from the resulting page click "Send Private message" under the Contact  Me heading

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
andytay
Rising Star

Thanks Spendlesstime

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the PMs @andytay and @Baldrick1 I believe I'd already found your accounts and passed the ID's on to the relevant people following your previous posts, but it's appreciated.

Still investigating, but I'll keep you updated once I receive more info.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@HarryB who is to blame for this mistake/mess , PN or your suppliers?

Kind regards
Mike 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

biglee1974
Grafter

Just to confirm I too am suffering from this problem.

Was on legacy 40/20, was expecting 55/10, got 40/10. Looking forward to the fix!