watercooled
Grafter

Re: Packet loss

ok done that

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Browni the Hub one doesn't have a ping request option so you clearly did a work around, maybe share that rather than tell someone they did something wrong and to read the manual. 

Edit..  i see @Bob1 has given the work around thanks for that .

SEG
Dabbler

I'm bored so, for fun, here is a 10 min ping plotter trace at 21:00 this evening, 1 second intervals...

ntp.plus.net2100.png

Followed by one a few minutes later... Gotta love responses of over 1000ms...

ntp.plus.net.png

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Terranova667 if you read what I said

whatever you are using, it is not set up correctly to respond to pings.

you will notice I never mentioned any hardware and as for reading the manual that was a direct link to the TBB FAQ sublinked to the exact error.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Browni I read what you said and it was wrong, so not sure what point your trying to make.

breggles
Hooked

Cool, thanks for replies. Anybody can recommend any Plusnet alternatives?

Johnnydavison

Experienced all the issues noted in this thread. Got nowhere on live chat, told twice that they had changed some settings and to rest the router, and once to change my wifi channel, all showed no results.

Just paid for static IP, everything immediately works properly again! Pointed out to PN I shouldn't have to pay for my service to resume as normal like it was prior to the change in network. Will see if they respond. 

SEG
Dabbler

Can't game, can just browse and pingplot- what an exciting life I currently lead lmao

Untitled.png

watercooled
Grafter

Capture.PNG

baddoo

I too am having a heap of packet loss and it seems the 141.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk is the common cause.

baddoo

Re: High packet loss and other DNS issues

The 141.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk seems to be a common fault, it appears in several of the posts as the location of packet loss

packet loss.png

watercooled
Grafter

does this look bad ?

Capture.PNG 

davenos
Rising Star

Come on Plusnet staff admit that this "issue" is your implementation of a new traffic management system, i've just ran 2 tests on ping test and at 15:59 my ping was 22ms with Jitter of 1ms, 16:01 my ping is 87ms with Jitter of 60ms.

This is no coincidence, my streaming of music from Deezer,Youzeek or Spotify is now distorted and stuttering and streaming any video is almost impossible even at low quality.

ErraticWorm
Grafter

As some of us were given a static IP free without issue you certtainly should push for your money back. The fact that is a cure of sorts (masking the problem somehow) is reason enough to get it free.

Apart from more jitter than I would like ive had no packet loss issues.

dawguk

I was also suffering from packet loss, ranging anywhere from 8% to 30% over a few hundred simple pings to _very_ reliable IP addresses. I play World of Warcraft, and basically this made the game unplayable.

I contacted Plusnet support three days ago, and they offered no solution (no free static IP address), just to expect it to be fixed within a couple of days.

So I went ahead and added a static IP address addon for a fiver (I think), and restarted the router. BAZINGA. No packet loss:

plusnet_ping_joke.png

Quite ridiculous.

Are we all being a bit too British, and not complaining enough about this? Does some governing body need to be contact about this utterly shameful service, and the continued silence from Plusnet?