cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Speed Broadband checker anomalies anyone?

FIXED
wayyoung
Rising Star

Re: High Speed Broadband checker anomalies anyone?

I appreciate your help and advice.

Although I can't imagine a situation where OR would send out an engineer for a no sync fault during a cease, but if you think that it would be worth pursuing then by all means please do so 🙂
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Yeah, that's my thinking too.

My faults colleague advised it may be possible to ask of BT wholesale, once the system issue is cleared. We'll try, however if not then I hope the provide won't take long and you'll be back up & running with greater speeds.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
wayyoung
Rising Star

Contacted CS this morning just to chase this up and was left with the all too familiar feeling of wasting 1/2 hour as they were unable to tell me anything. Not a sausage. I've rarely been able to come away from a chat session with a feeling of achieving anything other than the notion that I should just wait a few days until I'm contacted. This is has been the most frustrating part of being PN customer over the years. The long...long...wait.

I'm also beginning to "get it in the ear" at home from family for the recent downtime (I'm including the period in December in this also) as I deal with all the techinical stuff. It's all apparently my fault for upgrading I'm being told. D'uh!

The "not knowing what is going on" or "how long it's going to take" is very frustrating, although I appreciate who we're dealing with here and it's possibly to be expected. If I had a date or knew at what stage we're at I may be able to alleviate some of the agro I'm getting.

And now I've been told that I'll actually have to go to Sainsburys on Saturday to do my shopping instead on ordering online! Oh joy of joys.

Anyhoo, just venting some frustration  🙂

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Apologies for the lack of updates. Sad

Appreciate being left with no sync after just trying to get a bit more speed out of your connection is possibly the worst outcome. I'll pick this back up tomorrow for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
wayyoung
Rising Star

Please don't think my previous post was meant at you @Anoush Consider it merely as valuable feedback.

You have been the most helpful person I've had the pleasure to deal with and I wish there were more like you that were able to assist 🙂

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem Smiley

In the meantime, I've decided just to check for an update with suppliers. Been advised that a no sync during the cease/reprovide is part of the process. The cease is committed for this coming Monday, and we may be able to expedite the provide.

I'll check with our faults team tomorrow though to see if there's absolutely anything else we can do.

wayyoung
Rising Star

Thank you for that. At least I now have something to tell the rest of the household 🙂

After the cease completes, what is the likely length of wait for a re-provide should they not be able to expedite the provision?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Aye. In honesty, I don't know of the time frame.

Watch this space for an update tomorrow. Smiley

I've just updated your fault ticket, but I'll echo here the details as well.

I've been back in touch with BT wholesale, speaking with a manager this time I'm advised that the cease order in progress for Monday cannot be expedited because of this system issue.

We've been assured this will be resolved within 24 hours, and then the provide can placed/expedited which usually takes 2-3 days.

At least, we have a bit more clarification and an estimated time frame for the provide. Smiley

wayyoung
Rising Star

At least, we have a bit more clarification and an estimated time frame for the provide. Smiley

That's is quite right and thanks for chasing this up and supplying me with an update @Anoush

Even though the downtime sucks, at least it's progressing 🙂

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

And more progression is occurring. The cease order has completed. All we need to do now is wait for the provide to be placed and expedited.

I'll chase things up with BT wholesale shortly if required.

You may have already received/possibly read the email I've updated your ticket with a few minutes ago, @wayyoung

However, I've asked our suppliers to place the provide order first thing Monday morning as the cease/re-provide team are unfortunately now closed for the weekend.

Once the order's placed and in progress/committed, we'll get it expedited for you.

I'll follow this up on Monday, I hope you have a good weekend though.

wayyoung
Rising Star

Now that was an unexpected update and very welcome. Hoping we get a resolution to this by the end of next week.

Thank you 🙂
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

One of those good news bad news threads.

Good job @Anoush in persisting to help, shame it's got stuck in system issues in btw but good to see a balance on some of the other posts saying plusnet doesn't care about customers just money!

Hope you get good speeds next week !
wayyoung
Rising Star

I would say that I've had a frustrating relationship with PN over the years, but that is the nature of ISPs.

@Anoush has been a welcome help and is single handedly restoring my faith in CS abilities with his regular communication and updates.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems @wayyoung

May have seen my update to your ticket about an hour ago, but your provide should be placed by tomorrow morning at the latest and then expedited.

I'll continue to keep a close eye on this.

wayyoung
Rising Star

Thanks @Anoush.

Slightly disappointed that we didn't get a date for the provide today.

Here's hoping for tomorrow.