cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Speed Broadband checker anomalies anyone?

FIXED
wayyoung
Rising Star

Re: High Speed Broadband checker anomalies anyone?

Well, as it can't do any harm I've raised a fault and linked it back to this discussion. If anything can be done I'd be very grateful 🙂

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Thanks for doing that Smiley 

I shall ask @Anoush to do the needful, I can't promise we can increase those speeds but if an engineer has said he can do something and the estimates say you can get more, we can raise the fault and get them to take a further look, hopefully we can sort something out Smiley 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Just an update @wayyoung

I've raised your fault with BT wholesale. We should get an update within the next few hours.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
wayyoung
Rising Star

Wonderful, thank you 🙂

wayyoung
Rising Star

A quick drive through the village to find cabinet 18 = 200 metres from my house. Never took much notice of it but it looks newish. Cabinet 3 is 1+km from my house at the opposite side of the village.  I did see some new cables being laid late last year and many visits to this cabinet. Will be interesting to find out what Openreach are doing round here.

Further info found -

https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=4605368&cabinets=13446

Cabinet P18   FTTC being Connected, live due by April 2017   Phase SEP West Sussex 17a       Huawei    
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Just another update.

The fault's passed to BT wholesale's complex team for further investigation. We should have an update within 24-48 hours. I'll let you know when we do.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
wayyoung
Rising Star

@Anoush, @Darkfire

Thank you for your help so far.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Checking your fault, I can see they've advised us that they can not identify the issue. To progress the fault, the next step is to book an engineer appointment.

Just to avoid any possible charges should the speed issue be caused by internal wiring, can you try your router in your test socket and let us know how you get on?

Explained here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

I've also updated your fault ticket, so you can reply to that to book the engineer if we need to.

wayyoung
Rising Star

I have no internal wiring past the master socket, but have plugged directly into the test socket now. Sync speeds appear to be the same -

1. Product name: Plusnet Hub
2. Serial number: +081441+NQ60526666
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.217.1.1 Last updated Unknown
4. Board version: Plusnet Hub One
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:15:18
6. Data rate: 603 / 14201
7. Maximum data rate: 629 / 16410
8. Noise margin: 6.6 / 6.1
9. Line attenuation: 9.6 / 34.3
10. Signal attenuation: 9.7 / 27.9

Lets see what the enginerr can find.

Thanks @Anoush

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Yeah, the test socket's made no difference.

If your ticket isn't picked up tomorrow I'll book the appointment for you over the weekend as tomorrow is my rota'd day off.
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

wayyoung wrote: (snip) Interesting. This is my second  PN1 Hub. Plugged directly into my second Openreach fitted master socket.

Out of interest, is the socket like this or like this (images top left on each page)?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm just re-reading your thread, @wayyoung

Apologies for pretty much asking you to try the test socket again. I can see that you've already been down that road and you've mentioned you have one of the new master sockets as well.

wayyoung
Rising Star

@DS wrote:

wayyoung wrote: (snip) Interesting. This is my second  PN1 Hub. Plugged directly into my second Openreach fitted master socket.wayyoung faceplate

Out of interest, is the socket like this or like this (images top left on each page)?

Neither. It appears to be a 5c box with a mk4 faceplate - here

wayyoung
Rising Star

@Anoush

It's not a problem. It took 5 mins. Enjoy your day off and thanks once again for taking this on 🙂

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

wayyoung wrote: Neither. It appears to be a 5c box with a mk4 faceplate

Ah OK, rules out a theory I had Sad