cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre extra - slow speeds

reikleb
Hooked

Fibre extra - slow speeds

Hi there my maximum speed for fibre extra is slower than what it was meant to be i.e. usually around 43-45mbps. See attached for the speed and line tests.

Is this normal or should I be getting more? Otherwise it does not seem like I am getting any reasonable incremental speed from fibre extra?
9 REPLIES 9
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Fibre extra - slow speeds

Hi @reikleb

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've done some tests from this side and although the speed results I'm seeing are slightly faster than the ones you've posted, they're still lower than I'd expect.

Could you get your router in the test socket as shown here and if you're still then experiencing slow speeds, raise a fault here.

Let us know when/if you've raised a fault and we'll pick that up for you.

Best wishes,

Dave

reikleb
Hooked

The results are almost the same.  I have raised a fault now.  Thanks.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @reikleb

I have updated this fault ticket with further information. 

Could you please give it a read through? 

Thanks

MoR

reikleb
Hooked

Hi - I have provided further information particularly confirming that the results connecting directly to the test socket is the same. Also attaching the results here as well.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @reikleb 

I've updated the same fault ticket with the next steps. 

Could you please reply on the ticket and then give us a shout on here so that we can progress this accordingly? 

Thanks, 

MoR

reikleb
Hooked

Hi - I have updated the ticket with the requested information. Thanks.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @reikleb,

I've updated the ticket again with confirmation of the engineer appointment. Please let us know how it went after the engineer has left. 

reikleb
Hooked

Hi the engineer has left and said he has done some tests which he will send the notes to you.  The short summary is that he says the distance from the box is causing the slow speeds and that my speeds is unlikely to exceed what it currently is.  It was 42-45mbps before he did anything but after testing and performing several resets it is now 22-30mbps which he says will increase after a while. 

He also said that your estimates should have been way lower as it is misleading that I will get speeds of at least 53mbps.

I don't know if this is right and I recall when I was on BT previously, I was able to get speeds of up to 60mbps.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @reikleb,

Thank you for getting back in touch following the engineer visit. I'm sorry to hear that the engineer has advised that your speeds are unlikely to increase above 42-45mbps. I have to agree that this doesn't sound quite right as you were getting a higher speed with your previous provider and  your speed estimates on BT's DSL checker are showing as 60-80mbps with threshold speed of 53.5mbps.

I've added an update to the fault ticket here with the next steps towards getting this resolved for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team