cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Install.

gcrean

Fibre Install.

i have an upcoming fibre install, after some research i dicovered that the engineer coming to my house will install a VDSL filter to my master socket. here is my issue.
1. no mains near master socket for modem
2. i am NOT having wires running in my hall way.
i currently have ADSL installed and the extentions are connected with twisted pair CAT5 cable. the line attenuation is around 10db. The micofilters install on my phone and ADSL modem are rated to 30Mhz. i have ordered the 40Mbs service, The calculation based on my ADSL stat's are well within tollerence.
Do i need this typical assemble installed.
3 REPLIES 3
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Fibre Install.

Hmm this is a bit tricky.
This is what the handbook says:
During the installation, the Openreach engineer will fit a Service Specific Front Plate to the existing Master Socket (NTE5). Where no NTE5 exists, Openreach will install an NTE5 within 3 metres of the entrance to the End User premises.
Where an external NTE exists, Openreach will install an NTE5 with Service Specific Front Plate internally immediately adjacent to the external NTE.
A Service Specific Front Plate splits the delivery of telephony and DSL signals at the NTE5, delivering each service to a separate port on the socket. This terminates the DSL signal at this point, meaning the signal is not received on any telephone extension sockets that may exist.

I am wondering whether the extension could be made the master socket.
KatC
Grafter

@  gcrean
Welcome to the forums  Smiley
In all honesty as there is not a socket main near the master socket, little can be done regarding the cables. It could be worth requesting the engineer to provide you with a data extension cable to try and remedy the issue.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Tea & Bikkies always help  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .