Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FaceTime video, Teams and WhatsApp video stuttering

snaqvy
Grafter

Re: FaceTime video, Teams and WhatsApp video stuttering

@jab1 

OK I will try the new router again tonight once I've got some work done and the internet is not needed as much

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

What does the Help Desk page on the old Hub show - the one you are now using?

John
snaqvy
Grafter

@jab1 

please see the attached- also attached the log the connection with the old router has been unstable since around 5pm

basically useless so far, will try the new router see if the change of router stablises things

jab1
Legend

@snaqvy With respect, unless by some miracle line 23 on your new router suddenly shows G993.2 when you check it - at the moment no modulation is set - it will continue to malfunction.

John
snaqvy
Grafter

@jab1 

connected the new router again- it's showing G993.2  - see attached.

speeds still slower than the minimum guaranteed, video still stuttering.

jab1
Legend

@snaqvy That is good, but I've no idea why the modulation didn't show on the previous shot 🤔

What is your MGS? the Help Desk page shows 56.07 (although the max attainable is showing lower (41.01)

One scary figure is your D/L SNR - that is much too low and could be a reason for your problems, but I will leave this alone for now and let one of the Help Team investigate.

John
snaqvy
Grafter

Thanks the MGS is 44.5. In the bt wholesale test and Speedtest.net the speed is is well below this.

Do you mean the noise margin- what would be a normal figure?

Yes I hope the help team can advise. Not sure what the options are after everything we’ve tried.

jab1
Legend

I agree the speed tests do show figures below the MGS - sorry if this has been asked before but it is a bit late to go back to the beginning - are these over a wired or wireless connection?

Yep, I do mean the noise margin - the 1.2 figure should ideally be around 6.

Neither am I, but something isn't right.

John
snaqvy
Grafter

It’s the same wired or wireless for the speed test and video issues.

Thanks for the info.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Thanks for getting back to us @snaqvy

I'm really sorry to see you're still having a lot of issues with your connection.

I've tested your line today and the tests are showing a large amount of drops and a line issue's detected. I've passed the fault report back to our suppliers, and I suspect it'll come to arranging another engineer visit with you for further investigation.

Would you be able to reply to ticket Here with when you'll be available again? I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Once we've booked the engineer visit, I'll escalate this with our suppliers, so we can try to get this sorted once and for all.

If you'd like to upgrade to FTTP, we can't offer the service but I've provided your options on the ticket which I hope helps. 

I'm taking personal ownership moving forward, so I'll follow things up with you as soon as I can once you've got back to me. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snaqvy
Grafter

@Gandalf 

thanks for your help and understanding - have replied on the ticket. 

have now found a decent option from the ones you suggested that might work for FTTP. will update the ticket, too. It’s a shame to have to leave plusnet as we’ve been with this ISP the longest time and since before the BT days. We got our first broadband with plusnet around 2005 with 2mbps!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Thanks for getting back to me @snaqvy

No problem, I've added a reply to the ticket 219600481 now. 

Thanks for your loyalty with us! Those certainly were the days.

Hopefully we'll see you back when we bring out an FTTP product and your contract with your new ISP is up. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet