cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet hub Two

kammneves

Plusnet hub Two

Hi, I've just upgraded from a hub One to a Hub Two and it took a while to switch over all my smart devices and extenders, but I got there in the end.

However there is one smart(ish) device that refuses to play ball, its a floor standing led lamp and the wife is non too pleased with me 😂

I think the problem is that it only broadcasts on 2.4ghz, so I'm wondering if I need to enable 2.4ghz on the Hub Two or is it enabled by default and its some other issue.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Plusnet hub Two

The easiest option would have been to change the SSID on the hub2 to mirror that of the hub1. That way you wouldn't need to reconfigure all your devices.
The 2.4ghz is standard and most devices should connect to that ok. Do you have 5.ghz enabled? , It maybe the floor lamp is getting confused with the 2 different frequencies . Try disabling 5.ghz within the router settings
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Both sensible suggestions from @Shep41 

You won't be able to 'split' the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks on the Hub Two, so your only option there is to disable the 5GHz radio, try and connect the lamp, and then assuming success, re-enable to the 5GHz radio.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@kammneves 

You have inspired me to produce this: https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/Separate-Bands-with-a-Smarthub-2-or-Pl...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

kammneves

I've just realised I have a plug in NETGEAR extender (EX2700) in a draw gathering dust and after a factory reset its up and running and broadcasting at 2.4ghz.

Jobs a gud un and now back in wife's good books!

Thanks to everyone for your replies 😊