Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Issues

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: FTTC Issues

Our testing is showing a loop condition fault.
Is it possible for you to connect the phone to the test socket on its own?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Phone line is still plugged in via test socket. noise is still there even through test socket.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We'll need to arrange a engineer in that case.
Can you update the fault with appointment times?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

I have put available times on the fault ticket but will put it here i am available afternoons only between 12pm- 6pm
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Fault ticket not been responded too ticket dated 14/07/15  #107433297 only response has been via the forum ?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm just looking into this now.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Engineer now booked for 20/07/2015 between 1pm - 6pm
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Let us know how you get on.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

BT engineer been turned up at 11am  instead of the pre-booked time of between 1pm-6pm  fault could not be fixed has to be passed back as it is an underground cable fault but now my broadband speed is worse now syncing at 60meg instead of the usual 68. Not sure how long it will be until the fault is fixed engineer estimated it could be a week or 2 ? State of line been left in a worse condition than it was before now everytime the landline gets used for out going or incoming call the broadband gets disconnected .
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Not sure how long it will be until the fault is fixed engineer estimated it could be a week or 2

This is what happens if you don't constantly upgrade the network infrastructure. OR are totally reactive rather than proactive. My line comes off a junction box attached to a pole (yes, we're still overground.) The box is held together by sticky tape & consequently allows water ingress. The engineers attend faults weekly during the winter months. They tell me that it was listed for replacement over 2 years ago!!
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Can plusnet confirm if they had the engineers report as to the status of this fault and advise on a resolution time at the moment the landline is non usable due to the high amount of crackling on the line engineer did say something about there being a short circuit on the line.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

They've passed it to a track and locate engineer but we don't have a estimated time yet.
The engineer notes state you've been given a temporary service in the meantime.
As soon as our phone faults team know more they'll update you.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Could plusnet provide an update in regards to the reported fault Question [ 107433297 ]  line has now got to a point where it is not usable having to use mobile to make calls and now it is severely impacting the broadband with constant resyncs im paying for a service that at the moment is not fit for use faults are supposed to be fixed within 72hours yet this fault has been ongoing for 2 weeks engineer states in notes left customer with usable service which is rubbish landline has constant crackling which is caused by a short circuit according to engineer who came out on the 20th july. I am going to give this till tuesday at the very latest for some kind of resolution otherwise i will have to escalate this higher.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Still no update to the fault ticket yet it states i would have an update yesterday.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Disconnections are getting more frequent looks like DLM is having fun with my line already lowered profile because of the line issue yet engineer said broadband is fine cannot watch any streaming service like iplayer because of the constant resyncs this issue has been going on too long im paying for a service that at the moment is not fit for purpose if an update can be provided on a time frame of when this fault is going to be fixed once and for all that would be great if update could be provided via the open fault ticket as i will not be available by phone today .