Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Issues

jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

FTTC Issues

Are there any known issues with the plusnet network this evening specifically in the southwest area (Weston super mare) After having a stable connection for over 2 weeks i have now had 5 re-syncs in the space of 3 hours .
30 REPLIES 30
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: FTTC Issues

I've checked and I can't see any issues that were reported.
If it persists it may be worth raising a fault.
https://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Not sure what was going on with it last night but it seems to have settled down again any chance you could attach a connection graph it may help me pin point to what caused it to resync several times last night.
JasonMassey
Grafter

I've had issues around 2pm today.
My connection re-synced maybe 10-15 times today, it would sync, then re-sync with-in the next 5-10 seconds.  At one stage my circa 51MBit connection was down to circa 15Mbit.
Everything is back to normal now, but I was watching all this on the Draytek modem.  I was just about to phone Plusnet then it stopped and returned to normal.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@jamesanstee
Connection graph included below.

@JasonMassey
It seems to have happened this morning too.

Our tests have found a external fault in the network. I've raised this on Question 106651816
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JasonMassey
Grafter

Matthew Wheeler,
Thanks for looking into this, and pleased you have found something.
You don't think it's anything to do with G.INP as around 4am this morning (I'm a software developer I work late!)  G.INP on my upload was removed.
Many thanks
Jason
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I don't think so as our testing is detecting a copper fault and your sync speed has dropped a bit.
Your profile is still showing as having G.INP on the upstream though.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Think i may have figured what caused my issues monday night it seems there was a broadband issue in my area on monday according to bt site so not sure if this has some effect in what i was experiencing.
JasonMassey
Grafter

Quote from: Matthew
I don't think so as our testing is detecting a copper fault and your sync speed has dropped a bit.
Your profile is still showing as having G.INP on the upstream though.

Hi Matthew,
My Draytek Vigor stats are showing G.INP on upstream disabled. I logged into telnet and this is the line.
ReTxEnable: NearEnd 0  FarEnd 1
It use to show both NearEnd & FarEnd at 1 when G.INP was enabled both ways.
Re the copper problem is this something you need to look into, or should we just wait to see if problem clears?
EDIT.
I've just made the connection, I've had intermittant crackle on my voice line for the last 4-5 days.   I guess this is related to above.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Seems things just got a whole lot worse speed has gone from 67 down to 4  .
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@JasonMassey
The crackle on the line will explain the test result I got back. Unfortunately I can't check for G.INP again until the engineers gone out as we can't test a FTTC line whilst a engineering task is raised.
@jamesanstee
That throughput looks horrible. You should have had the option to run another test after the last one failed which is known as a TAP3 test. That bypasses us and allows you to connect straight to the exchange.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Speed is back to normal again now after switching gateway will monitor over next 24hours if issue reappears then i will raise a fault ticket if needed .
JasonMassey
Grafter

Hi Matthew,
Openreach engineer tested line today, no problems found.  As it happens everything appears back to normal my end.
I did mention to engineer about the spell of constant disconnects, and he said it's possible someone was changing cards in the exchange at the time.
Will continue to monitor the line my end.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Think i have narrowed down the cause of my fttc service disconnecting it would seem i have a voice fault as soon as i pick up the phone the line has very bad crackling .
Fault ticket now raised #107152983
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Crackling line had fixed itself lined seemed ok over the weekend but now the noisy crackling line is back again seems to only be happening when it's raining i have no cables outside as all my line is underground . New fault ticket opened as old one had been closed in error  #107433297