cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual intermittent dropped packets

davenos
Rising Star

Re: Continual intermittent dropped packets

I've rebooted a couple of times(leaving sufficient time between so DLM does not kick in) and i cannot get away from the southbank point of presence.My IP address doesn't change either and thats something that used to happen on reboots(no im not on a static IP).

ginourie
Dabbler

I am also static ip. Just restart your router try to get a different gateway southbank is clearly broken!

shevek
Grafter

I just did a disconnect (if I restart my router then I have to reset a couple of devices on my home network) and got a reconnect on City Lifeline House.

Hopefully no more packet loss.

ginourie
Dabbler

Good luck shevek!

Sorry davenos, that is all i can suggest at this point in time :(.

JamesDaGames
Grafter
Fixes: 2

I know this is probably a stupid question but how can I make it switch gateway? Every time I either hard reset or disconnect/reconnect from the control panel I always get connected to Southbank. I used to be connected to City Lifeline and there was no issue, but like I say I always get connected to Southbank no matter what I try. Sad

pingtester
Hooked

My Broadband Ping - Plusnet

Look familiar?

Was getting awful lag/disconnects whilst online gaming since Thursday. Spoke to tech support yesterday and they were hopeless. Woke up this morning and things looked fixed.

Come on Plusnet you can do better than this!

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I'm on a static IP address but can change gateways through a disconnect/connect.

Here's my live graph from pcn-bng01 in the Colindale PoP.

shevek
Grafter

@pingtester wrote:

Look familiar?

Exactly what I was getting. 

Check http://users.plus.net/@gateway_custom?debug-ip=yes and it will probably say you are on Southbank.

Try disconnecting or restarting your router and see if you can get on a different PoP

pingtester
Hooked

Sorry, the tool failed to identify your gateway; this does not mean that anything is wrong with your connection.

Posting the following information as a reply to the Gateway Checker Issues topic in the Community forums will help us to diagnose the problem.

• core2-hu0-18-0-0.southbank.ukcore.bt.net (62.172.103.24) 6.018 ms

Sad

kendo79
Dabbler

In the entire time I've  been  on plus net, and all the reboots i've had, (must  be over a hundred) I have never not been on southbank. I dont think you can just swap at will. unless it's  geographically related.

shevek
Grafter

Getting off Southbank has definitely solved it for me:

My Broadband Ping - Plusnet static

orangeman
Grafter

constant switch off wait 15 mins and reboot have allowed me to move from southbank to 

pcl-bng01.

This is located in City Lifeline House

0 packet loss!

Why cant they sort there network out i just dont get it! in the end we have to fix it ourselves just to make it usable!

pingtester
Hooked

Spoke to someone in technical support earlier to make sure they are aware of the packet loss I'm seeing (gotta think about gathering evidence for possible artbitration...). I got one of the better guys and he was grateful for the live graph I'd set up. They are aware of the issues but could not give an eta for a fix (suprise suprise).

Online gaming pings are now awful because of the packet loss - ~800ms when should be 20ms :(.

As soon as my contract is up (or sooner if I can) I'm outta here...

Here's an updated live graph.

orangeman
Grafter

i got them to remove my contact tie to them, due to alot of issues ive had including the packet loss

but now im faced with another issue lol being that when i use the speed checker on BT it states i cant get fibre but yet i already have it installed lol

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@pingtester A live graph is exactly what it says, a live graph, it changes every time you (or I) view it.

If you want to share something it's better to use a snapshot graph as that captures the graph at the present time and won't change.

hth