cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to router

sdjm

Cannot connect to router

Have been using the router for over six months with no problems, then yesterday my Wifi connection dropped and I've been unable to connect via Wifi since (to the router).

Problem replicating across all devices. There's a NAS box wired connected but no way of doing any tests.

Am reliant on Wifi as bedbound, router currently connected to test socket.

Faulty router?

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Cannot connect to router

You could try a factory reset on the router by pushing a paperclip or similar in the reset hole and keeping the switched closed for 30 seconds. If it's a Hub Zero or Hub One it should reconfigure itself. I'm not sure about the old Technicolor ones whether you have to re-enter your Plusnet User Name ans Password.

If you search for available devices with your device can you see the wifi transmission? One further thought, I know that some of the older Technicolor routers have a barely visible wifi on/off switch that can be accidentally operated if you pick the router up awkwardly.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

sdjm

Arrived home following appointment. Restarted router before going out. All seems to be working again, with no reset needed. Weird one, will keep an eye on things!

Thanks for posting.

sdjm

Spoke too soon, sudden drop again.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Sorry to hear you're having connection issues.
Do you notice the light on the front of the router change colour when your connection drops by itself?

[edit]
Added “change colour” so my post makes sense.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet