cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

Squib
Grafter

Broadband speed

In the past two weeks I have had 2 visits by OPENREACH engineers, the first was for a noisy line , he found a loose crimp in a cabinet , so I am thinking this is good (speed goes up to 14 meg) however the speed drops back to 6.7. Second engineer arrives as I have reported slow broadband speeds in consultation with a Plusnet employee, he finds nothing as usual , but says he can't understand the low speeds , he resets some equipment to start giving us 30 meg , but speed goes down to 6.7 within minutes. I should be able to get higher speeds than that , in fact I have received 14 meg shortly after first engineer visit. OPENREACH engineer told me that Plusnet has a certain amount of control over the speeds to customers, why do they have to get involved in adjusting speeds ?

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Broadband speed

Sorry to hear you've had issues,

Can you try rebooting your router?

There was a stuck profile however this is now gone so you should be getting better speeds.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Squib
Grafter

Rebooting seems to have worked for the moment, speed now up to 14.5meg.

Squib
Grafter

December 4th phone line still noisy , broadband speed back down to 6 meg , I am getting really fed up.

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Until you get your line sorted so that the noise is no longer present, you cannot expect the best speeds to be maintained.

You will have to repeat the "phone fault" procedure to do that.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

As you've been advised if the phone line is still noisy we'll need to get that fixed first/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team