Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection loss and very slow

barnettsab
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Broadband connection loss and very slow

For a long time now, I have had a problem where my broadband connection drops when it rains heavily. You have sent an engineer on a couple of (bright and sunny) occasions and they could see the issues in their test equipment but could not identify where the problem is.

I still have that problem, but I’ve been putting up with it.

The internet has been slow today, so I ran a speed test. Even in the worst of times, I have consistently got 34-36Mb/s. As of today, I am getting 20-24 Mb/s. Way too slow and well below the minimum guaranteed.

I’ve tried soft restarting the router and have unplugged the router from the mains. When it restarts, it seems to struggle to connect (red flashing light for a long time, followed by red B) then it connects at this slow speed.

So, what happens now? 

2 REPLIES 2
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Broadband connection loss and very slow

Hello @barnettsab,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm really sorry to hear you've had ongoing issues with your broadband service and I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you.

I've ran a few tests over your connection today and everything looks spot on from this side. With the speed test you're currently running is that over a wired or wireless connection? I would suggest going ahead with basic checks (omitting any you've already tried) and then get your connection plugged into the test socket and monitor from there.

Thanks.

barnettsab
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband connection loss and very slow

Thanks mads. LordFoul has instructed me to respond on a different thread, so I’ll respond there. Sorry.