cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection dropping out

Rmj

Broadband connection dropping out

My fibre extra broadband still keeps dropping out! I have had 3 engineers visit and a replacement router but my broadband is still dropping out, is there any hope of a real solution to this please?

3 REPLIES 3
smoothpainting
Grafter

Re: Broadband connection dropping out

My neighbour is having similar issues but you need to interrogate the router logs and post any errors. In my neighbours case the router would lose connection with a PPPoE timeout multiple times a day. The sync to the cabinet is fine at 80/20. It’s been escalated to Openreach and they are sending out an operational engineer next week. It took many weeks of hassling her ISP and hours wasted on the phone to rule out Wi-fi, wiring issues, etc.
Rmj

Hi Smoothpainting, we have already had 3 openreach engineers check out our wiring etc and found nothing and have as yet not solved the pròblem so tell your neighbour not to hold out too much hope. If her problem is solved I'd be interested to know what the solution was. Cheers Rmj.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Rmj 

I'm sorry for the length of time this has taken to resolve for you. 

I have updated this ticket on your account. 

Please give it read through, reply to it, and shout up on here once you have done so to allow us to progress this forward accordingly. 

Kind Regards

MoR