cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Retail - Cease on line after migration to Plusnet?

KrisLord
Dabbler

BT Retail - Cease on line after migration to Plusnet?

Hi,
I migrated in from BT on 19th September (Fibre) and 3rd October (Line Rental)
I was expecting my final bill from BT but instead they have kept charging me for the broadband, although no line rental was charged.
I've rang up to fix this and eventually got through to someone who seemed to know what they were doing, however now i'm not too sure.
Could someone check my line and see if BT Retail have raised a cease order on my fibre? If my broadband is with Plusnet is this even possible?
i'm concerned that in removing the BT Infinity from my account they've sent a cease notice to BT Openreach!
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: BT Retail - Cease on line after migration to Plusnet?

i'm concerned that in removing the BT Infinity from my account they've sent a cease notice to BT Openreach!

Hi there,
I can understand why you were concerned but don't worry that won't and hasn't caused a cease order to be created.
The only way this can happen is if it's requested by us or potentially if the line rental is moved from one type of provider to another.
Hope that helps!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KrisLord
Dabbler

Re: BT Retail - Cease on line after migration to Plusnet?

Thanks. The email from BT I got after the call said I'd be charged the £30 fee for cancelling which made me concerned they had sent a cease notice.
Will wait for my final bill from BT before arguing about what is owed.