cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rDNS Change

jefff
Dabbler

rDNS Change

I logged in to my account, went to the add-ons page, then clicked on the 'Configure Static IP ' link.

That took me to another page, and I then clicked on the link that says "If you need to change your rDNS settings, please request this through the Help Assistant ."

I filled in the form on that page with the change I wanted to be made, and pressed send....

An hour later I received a reply (reference number: 211118688) that said:

We’re sorry, but you can no longer raise a query via this method and as such this message will not be responded too (sic)

Should you need assistance please call us.

I don't want to call you. I have health issues that make it difficult to use the phone. It's even more difficult when you end up talking to someone who doesn't appear to have a clue what they're doing, or won't deviate from a script. And for something like a rDNS change, it's easy to get it wrong over the phone, it's much better if they can just copy and paste from what I've sent them.

So is there any way to get this done without making a phone call?

I've never known a company with such a bad website. I've only been with Plusnet for a few months and have had countless problems with the systems not working. And when something won't work, the answer always seems to be to call support. You're supposed to be an internet company, act like it. 

1 REPLY 1
jefff
Dabbler

Re: rDNS Change

@jefff wrote:

So is there any way to get this done without making a phone call?

Is anyone from Plusnet going to answer this?