cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

html to webpage

topaz

html to webpage

Hi, Very new to this but have created a website in Muse and have tried to export as HTML to the web address given to me by Plusnet, it's not showing up when I access the webpage. Any ideas what I need to do to get it to work?Huh
thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: html to webpage

What do you see when you try to access the site?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
topaz

It says there is nothing on the page yet
topaz

Strat
Community Veteran

You need to remove / rename the Plusnet holding page index.html.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
topaz

Thank you but how do I do that? and where do I do it?
Strat
Community Veteran

I use FireFTP, an add-on for Firefox to enable FTP access to my HTDOCS folder of my webspace.
With FireFTP you can access the files in your webspace and rename or delete them.
Have a look here for more details (different FTP client but same results)
topaz

Ah I see. I didn't realise I needed to use an intermediary as Muse exports in HTML.
Strat
Community Veteran

I'm not familiar with Muse but it appears to support FTP so maybe you could browse your webspace for the default index file and rename it to something like indexold.
juliasdream
Grafter

I use Filezilla for FTP. it works a dream and all you need to know is plusnet host name: ftp.plus.net your plusnet username and password
Open the folder htdocs then drag files from your hard drive listed on the left
My knowledge of FTP is a bit rusty these days but I find Filezilla nice and simple
Just make sure your index file is there inside htdocs along with other pages and folders
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

When uploading your site from Muse you should have been asked for the FTP credentials for your webspace. When entering those did you also tell Muse to put the content in your /htdocs folder?
As others have mentioned, whilst Muse should be able to FTP site content to the server it would be useful to have your own FTP client (eg FileZilla client) to help with diagnosing problems.
David