Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling

FIXED
Tykebike
Grafter
Fixes: 1

WiFi Calling

I have mobile and broadband/home phone from Plusnet (Force9) and I have poor mobile reception in my home therefore I would like WiFi calling to overcome this. I know that Plusnet does not offer this so I am going to change providers to Three as soon as my new phone arrives next week. My question is when I try to use my Three mobile application to make calls in my home which has Plusnet WiFi will I be able to do so? Is it only Plusnet mobile that does not support WiFi calling?

Why is it that I can call from home using WhatsApp via WiFi?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: WiFi Calling

Its just the fact that Plusnet mobile dont support Wifi calling. You can use your home Wifi to make calls using other methods such as Whatsapp and Voip. Although I've not tried it myself, I see no reason why Three Wifi calling should not work over your home Wifi.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Just to back up @MisterW ,Three Wi-Fi calling works perfectly with a Plusnet connection.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Thanks for the confirmation John.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Vodafone wifi calling also works well with my PN connection.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Fix

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Mobile to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Tykebike
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Wow everyone, thanks for taking time to reply so quickly, I wish Plusnet were as quick in replying.

I've been with Plusnet (Force9) since 1998 for broadband and have been very happy but this issue with poor home reception on my phone has led me to get a new phone capable of WiFi calling outside of WhatsApp and when it arrives I think that I'm going for a sim only deal with Three. 

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"a sim only deal with Three. "

Check one of their network's "piggyback" providers too? e.g. SMARTY(owned by Three) and iDMobile(Carphone Warehouse), both of which offer WiFi calling. Check using one of the comparison sites, quite often some cheaper packages than direct from Three.

As long as your new phone is connected wirelessly to your router and WiFi Calling is enabled in the phone's settings you should be good to go.

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Those cheap deal networks that provide Wi-Fi calling are all 3 networked but just as a note 1p Mobile who run on the EE network the same as PN do, do Wi-Fi Calling as standard so the old excuse that PN is a basic cheap network as opposed to a premium network with Wi-Fi Calling is wearing a bit thin now in this day and age.

enlliserve
Grafter

As I mentioned 1p Mobile (a cheap network on EE) offers WiFi Calling, VoLTE and 5G!
Not sure what PlusNet's excuse is