Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP added but not activated

FIXED
jgpnet
Hooked

Static IP added but not activated

Hi,

New Plusnet customer (at this address) since last week. Earlier this week, I enabled the Plusnet broadband firewall (set to low), and waited a few days. I wanted the firewall anyway, but the static IP address would have been a bonus, but not strictly needed. I noticed that the 'Force L2TP component' was added to my account, but despite multiple reconnects, I was still connecting through the PTA network (confirmed with gateway address in router showing as 172.16.x.x, and my IP address not changing from the 146.199.x.x address), and port-scans showed that the firewall was not working (my firewall still saw requests to port 135, 137 etc). Yesterday, I disabled the Plusnet broadband firewall, and notice that the 'Force L2TP component' has just been removed, but again, even after a PPP reset, there's been no change to my connection.

Out of interest, I tried to add the static IP to my account, and got a 'success' message, but my account still shows "Current Status: You are currently using a dynamic IP address", even though there is a service notice saying "Static Ip Component (one off payment)". A PPP reset still gives me the same 146.199.x.x PTA terminated address.

Could this please be looked into? Ideally, I wouldn't have needed to purchase the static IP option as I wanted the firewall set to low anyway (so would have got the static IP as a bonus), but to now purchase it and it not work is not ideal.

Thanks,

JG

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,175

Re: Static IP added but not activated

Fix

Thanks for your post @jgpnet and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues activating a static IP you've bought.

From what I can see it was stuck in the backend system and wasn't applied as properly automatically.

To fix I've removed and re-added the static IP add-on which has done the trick. Once you've rebooted your router your IP should be static moving forward. I've also added a £5 credit onto your next bill to cover the duplicate charge.

Let me know if you have any further issues. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
jgpnet
Hooked

Many thanks Gandalf, this is now working as expected.

Cheers,

Jon

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,175

Excellent! No problem Jon, let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team