Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstats issues?

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Webstats issues?

... couldn't see another post here about today's Webstats (for 2nd March) so thought I would ask if anyone else's stats were "unusually low" today?
Yesterday's visit levels (as tracked here) were much the same as the day before's, but hits shown on the Webstats were approx 50% down.  Some dim recollection that Webstats are fed from more than one server, and it just occurred to me to ask whether all the feeds were/are working.
ccgi stats were as expected (actually slightly up on the 1st March stats) so I assume it's a feed from homepages somehow that isn't working, or wasn't during 2nd March.
Just flagging this up in case there's an issue that hasn't yet been noticed at the Networks side of things.  Couldn't see anything on service status though I guess there's an outside chance that other work being done by Networks might have had some bearing on the 2nd March stats.
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
27 REPLIES 27
Tony_W
Grafter

Re: Webstats issues?

Spot on Penny.
Mine are unusually low for both Tuesday's and Wednesday's homepages values.
I have independent methods for measuring the amount of activity on my web sites and those actually show marginally higher amounts on these days.
There definitely seems to be an anomaly here.
Tony
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Tony
Mine are unusually low for both Tuesday's and Wednesday's homepages values.
... I have independent methods for measuring the amount of activity on my web sites and those actually show marginally higher amounts on these days.

Cheers Tony, appreciate the confirmation.
Today's are also out here - those for 2nd March were about 50% down, and those for 3rd March approx 1/3 down.  From this I'd guess that there are six "feeds" from the homepages servers, for Webstats, and that three of these were not functioning on the 2nd, and two on the 3rd.
Would anyone from Networks be able to confirm the "actual" situation, and indicate when a fix is likely?

Thanks,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
dgdclynx
Grafter

Nobody comes to my website anymore so my stats were no surprise.
dgdclynx
Grafter

Just posted to the Usergroup for PN....
Penny was complaining in Community that her figures of two days ago were too low according to her independent monitoring and now this morning my own figures have dropped to an unbelievably low figure. Could somebody please have a look and see if there is a problem.
I havent reaised a ticket hoping that this will be spotted.
Tony_W
Grafter

It's only stats for homepages that are affected - those for my ccgi hosted domain are fine.
I suppose that I will have to raise a ticket.
Tony
Edit:  Ticket 32353342 raised - but the current average response time was shown as over 20 hours  Sad
dgdclynx
Grafter

As there has been no reply from PN here or in the Usergroup I have raised my own ticket... 32361823
Waiting time is 20 hours.

Tony_W
Grafter

Had a reply to my ticket. CS is "passing this through to the networks team", so it will probably be Monday now - they don't normally work weekends.
Tony
Edit - 16:30 - as predicted, just received "The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Monday 8th March at 9:00am"
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm raising a problem on this now for investigation, sorry about the lack of update so far.
*edit*
Problem 60910 raised.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pengyou
Grafter

My webstats show the same problem: a big reduction over the past few days.
Today's log file (with the data for 4 March) consisted of exactly one entry. My site does not get much traffic but it is usually much higher than that!
Tony_W
Grafter

Seems closer to reality today (Saturday's stats showing usage for Friday).
Perhaps it has been rectified...
Tony
Tony_W
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
I'm raising a problem on this now for investigation, sorry about the lack of update so far.
*edit*
Problem 60910 raised.

Just received ( Monday 9:34):
A problem has been assigned to one of our engineers (ID 60910) for further diagnostics
so it seems that it was shelved 'til Monday.
Tony
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Seems closer to reality today (Saturday's stats showing usage for Friday) ... Perhaps it has been rectified

... I'd wondered the same (Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays are usually proportionately quieter) but it became clearer over the weekend that something was still amiss.
Graphics of stats for first eight days of Feb (to show the usual pattern) (MTWTFSSM) and the first seven days of March (all we've had stats for) as below - odd that the problem seems to be worse on alternate days, somehow.  Stats for 1st March were at the expected level (judging by other comparison stats analysis).

... helps of course that the weekdays fall on the same (date) numbers in both months.  Traffic levels have been approximately consistent, comparing March levels against Feb levels, so far, and the ccgi stats (which are fine) confirm that.
Thanks also for the update re the Engineers, Tony Smiley
Regards,
Penny.
Tony_W
Grafter

It's still happening!
It is pointless having the last weeks worth of statistical data if the values are badly wrong.
Has anybody heard any progress on problem 60910? You can't look up anywhere to see the status of problems other that 'priority' ones.
Tony
buck

It's still happening!
It is pointless having the last weeks worth of statistical data if the values are badly wrong.
Has anybody heard any progress on problem 60910? You can't look up anywhere to see the status of problems other that 'priority' ones.
Tony

Apologies for the delays in addressing the issue, I have now identified the cause of the problem and am in the process of getting a change control raised in order to rectify the issue. This should be fixed for tomorrows webstats run.
Matt (Networks)