cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web space removed

dmehta
Hooked

Web space removed

I have used my web space since 1995 and typing in honeysuckle-cottage.org.uk opened up my website with Plusnet web space. Now it merely gives a notice that the website has been removed for exceeding bandwidth and a link which goes to a 404 page! I am trying to change the index.htm file to say the business is no longer open and that does not show up instead the above message. Please can someone tell me how to restore my web space?
6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Web space removed

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Tech Help to Everything Else.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dmehta
Hooked

Where is the message?
dmehta
Hooked

Having reviewed other messages it seem I need someone to unarchive my website. Can you help @Gandalf please?
TimDSMoss
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I managed to get my webspace restored recently (maybe about 1 month ago) by calling the phone support line

the support operator had to escalate to a manager (it was his first week on the job so fair enough) but it happened a day or so later

(I'd accidentally uploaded a big zip file that took me over the 250MB storage limit)

dmehta
Hooked

Thanks. Yes I called the help line and explained I wasn’t getting much joy from this forum and it was escalated and restored yesterday afternoon. Thank you for the call back, Liam. I have to say if any technical staff read this the email sent stating the website had been removed is not helpful. It should have a direct link to the tech people who can deal with it.
TimDSMoss
Grafter
Fixes: 1

The webspace feature is (I believe) an old system that's not available to new users and so not actively developed/supported.

The automated emails it sends out include links to help/support pages that no longer exist - so not very helpful; but understandable!