Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vulnerable Customer Policy

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Vulnerable Customer Policy

Hello i came here as i am looking for a new ISP best way is to see what customers posts .

Just been reading this ,  https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/09/new-consumer-protection-rules-for-uk-phone-and-broadba...
 Communications providers must introduce policies for identifying vulnerable customers – such as people with learning or communication difficulties or those suffering physical or mental illness or bereavement – to ensure they are treated fairly. For example, broadband providers must now offer disabled users access to priority fault repair, third party bill management and accessible bills.

As a disabled person its about time ISP,s realize people like me rely on our service, what would PN answer

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) changed topic title to something more appropriate. 

2 REPLIES 2
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Vulnerable Customer Policy

Hi @smiffy1

Sorry for the late reply, this post got stuck in our spam filters so I apologise for that.

We've for years had policies to make our services accessible to all, in fact we have a link to our Accessibility policy on every page. 

Some highlights include -

• Next Generation Text Relay services for customers that have speech or hearing difficulties.
  • Alternative bill formats including Large Print, Braille and Audio invoices
  • Priority fault resolution (Telephone line only where certain criteria are met

We're also constantly reviewing our offerings to ensure that they remain accessible to all.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Vulnerable Customer Policy

Thank you Smiley