cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN not working

FIXED
mathzero

Re: VPN not working

thanks @Gandalf . I'll follow the steps in that thread and let you know how I get on

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem @mathzero keep me posted Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Rifzz1

Hi
Are you aware with any issues with Cisco anyconnect secure mobility client

As i have intermittant problems as sometimes it will connect other times will take upto 10 attempts?

Thanks for your help
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Rifzz1 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems connecting on to your VPN.

As explained Here (Linked from an earlier post in this thread) we use AnyConnect and there doesn't seem to be any issues with this.

I'd first check that the broadband firewall on your account is switched off or set to low, there's instructions on how to change this Here.

Next what's the make/model of your router, and is your computer plugged into the router using an ethernet cable or connecting wirelessly?

Also do you have any issues with your broadband when you're not using a VPN?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hham

I'm experiencing similar issues to others in this post.

I have been happily using Cisco Anyconnect for years through Plusnet (this still works without issue), but my company is moving off this a to Windows Always on VPN service. When I try and connect to this via Plusnet it fails. I have checked safeguard settings, which are turned off, and firewalls settings are at default.

When i try and connect via tethered connection from my mobile it connects without fail.

I see a number of people have had sucess with a static IP, is this something that can be tried on my account?

Thanks

vicmackey
Hooked

I am having problems connecting to Sonicwall Global VPN Client v 4.10.2.0428. Basically when enabled just says connecting and the status shows packets being sent but none recieved. Understand it is possibly the Dynamic IP address being provided by PLUSNET. I have tried turning router off and on a number of times, last time for over an hour, and nanoticed the IP addtess is remaining the same i.e. not changing. SO can someone tell me how to force an IP address change or do I need Plusnet to change their end or provide a static IP address?

RichardRose

Hiya,

I am also having this problem. Just moved to working from home because of Coronavirus and now can;t connect over VPN although I could do in the past and still can using my phone. I'm an NHS employee and we are using VMWare Horizon. Could really do with some help here.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the delayed response.

@vicmackey I've made some remote changes to your account which should help with this. Can you retest it for me and let me know how you get on?

@RichardRose As per the above I've made the same changes to your line. Can you also retest?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
vicmackey
Hooked

Hi Matthew

I had already figured out re Broadband Firewall setting which was set to HIGH and I changed the setting to LOW and VPN worked (as it says for VPN settings the Broadband firewall needs to be to LOW). Note that you had then turned Firewall OFF so I have reset it to LOW and hopefully will now continue working. If not then have you done anything else?? as only needed firewall changed to LOW from HIGH?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @vicmackey.

The changes I made should help on top of the firewall changes.

Is it still working now?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hham

@MatthewWheeler , any chance you could have a look at my issues as well, posted just before vicmackey.

Thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies that I didn't see that @hham

I've just carried out some work which should fix this for you

Can you try it again?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
vicmackey
Hooked

Matthew

Yes still working - noticed you have also changed my IP address (another static address).

Will mention that when problem started I called Customer Support / Help Desk to help. They said my IP address was dynamic and to try turning router on and off a few times to force a change. So turned router on and off a few times for an hour+ a few times and didn't change. I then looked at my settings and noticed IP address I had was static (not dynamic) and saw details re firewall, i..e for VPN needs to be set to LOW not HIGH.  So appears Customer support on phone don't necessarily seem to know what to look for or check in customer account settings.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear it @vicmackey

Technically you shouldn't have had a static IP address as it was added due to a process on our end.

There's nothing to worry about now though and all should be fine

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hham

@MatthewWheeler , hi Matthew, looks to be working now fantastic, thanks for your help. Would you be able to let me know what it was, just in case anyone else at work who is with you guys has similar issues?

Thanks again

Dan